Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dataset problem

Options
  • 24-10-2007 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

i have a dataset in a web service , it is fully of data tables and table adapters.
    i then deleted an table from it , then put it back in , and it does not appear , and thus is causing me problems. i didn't touch any of the code for it , i don't know why it wont work!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Ok can you be a wee bit more specific here.. What doesnt appear? How did you delete the table? A few more details might help us help you... Telepathy isnt my strong point today

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

shot in the dark here, as your details are sketchy:

have you tried "refreshing" or "updating" the dataset so the change is presented and/or visible?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭roastie

i have a dataset full of tables / adapters etc.
    i was changing adding a second dataset and was taking information from one tables to the other , and in the process i deleted items / so i just put them back in. now when i and getting information from the web service it does not put these tables back in.
    i have tried putting extra tables in and they wont go in either.

what exactly i am doing is getting the dataset send to a pocket pc app , here the app reads the dataset then sets up the information in tables on the pocket pc, now the pocket pc doesnt get all the tables , specify the data tables , table adapters seems ok.

does any know what could be wrong here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Post your code. You might have a read of this too. It'll get your solution to you post haste :)

Believe me its not homework , It's actually work related.

I have found the solution . It was actually an error in not picking up the data types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I dont Evil Phil was implying that, it was the way that the question was asked...

Unless you were very familiar with your code or the issue you were having, you couldnt decipher what was happening, whether you had deleted the table in code, in the IDE or the database for exmple

looking back at how i asked the question , i can see how it was hard to understand what i was asking. or what my problem could be , but i felt at the time it was a simple problem that i just couldn't see.

Thanks anyways.

Advertisement