Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

On Board Diags Software

Options
  • 24-10-2007 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I have an ODBII connection on an 02 Golf GTi and I am replacing the lambda sensor and I want to reset the error on the dash so i can see if it is working. I have used software from scantool but it is just read not write.

Where can I get software to do this, for free preferably? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's probably just an old wives tale but s it true a lot of ECUs reset themselves by leaving the battery disconnected overnight? My uncle told me that but he's a former dodgy mechanic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Usually the dodgy mechanics just took the engine management bulb out:D
    If disconnecting the battery doesn't extinguish the light, bring your car along to a local motor-factors; they should read and clear the codes for a small fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

They wanted 300 to replace it! Its such an easy replacement...

Part is 90 euro. I'll try the batt in the morning...

Anybody know which software to get though? I already have cable/rs232 converter etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

cantdecide wrote: »
    It's probably just an old wives tale but s it true a lot of ECUs reset themselves by leaving the battery disconnected overnight? My uncle told me that but he's a former dodgy mechanic:D

Not a guarantee. The newer the car, the less likely this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

cantdecide wrote: »

Didn't work on my Octavia. Coil went which lit up the EML, replaced the coil and disconected the battery (twice). Still have the EML on the dash but at least it isn't flashing now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement