Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cortaflex v's NAF Superflex

• 24-10-2007 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering does anybody have any feedback on the above i.e. which is better for joints?

any views/ advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Hi.

We used to use both. didn't find much of a difference tbh. Provided good results for an ageing hunter. That and a combination of all-most constant turn-out and trips to the river. But it depends on your problem. Stiffness, Arthireitis (sic?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

I rate NAF products highly but for a stiffer old horse I've found Cortaflex to have the better results.. although used the Superflex on previous horse (eventer) as support during summer months to try to offset the effects of hard-ish ground and big fences!! Dunno if it did anything but he came out of the season sound each year so I guess it might have helped ?

As Togster says - it depends what your problem is really..

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

thanks for your replies guys, the problem is that he is getting on in years, quite stiff at times and cold backed.

Have been using Cortaflex for quite a while now, but heard that Superflex was magic stuff. I have ordered some Superflex so we'll se what happens with him.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

missloulou wrote: »
    thanks for your replies guys, the problem is that he is getting on in years, quite stiff at times and cold backed.

Have been using Cortaflex for quite a while now, but heard that Superflex was magic stuff. I have ordered some Superflex so we'll se what happens with him.

Thanks again.

HTH :)

Were you using the powdered or liquid cortaflex ? I used the liquid.

Have you tried a devils claw supplement for stiffness along side a joint supplement) ? A friend who has a 29 yo swears by a mixture of an Equimins product similar to Superflex and a Devils claw liquid to help her mare when the cold weather affects her stiffness.. she only has the Devils Claw during the winter months and the other stuff all year round. She is still ridden 4+ times a week and competing in veteran classes too!

TheBx

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

I was using the powder for ages but recently ran out, he's not working at the moment so it shouldn't cause him any problems.

When Superflex arrives on Wednesday, it will be a different story for him!!:)

I'll have to have a look at the other products you mentioned.

Thanks again x

• Advertisement
Advertisement