Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canterbury (CCC) tracksuit bottoms. Wtf?

• 24-10-2007 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

I live in South Belfast and it seems that in the past few months virtually every male aged 18-30 owns and often wears a pair of Canterbury tracksuit bottoms. Here are the bottoms I'm on about,

http://www.canterburyclothing.co.nz/pics/StadiumPant.jpg

I was going to get a pair of these because I like them and plan to be taking up rugby again some time quite soon so they would be useful during winter training, and also I just quite liked the Canterbury range of clothing in general, but round where I live it is getting to be beyond a joke. I don't want to be thought of as a brainless trend follower, which I am not.

Like I was in the chipper the other night and there 4 people wearing them with seven people in the place. It's like they were given out free at Freshers' Week or something but that could hardly be it.

Does this go on anywhere else or is it a purely South Belfast phenomenon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

Yea we have it down here in Waterford aswel.
    I even know of one guy who bought a pair but they werent exactly the same ones as everyone else had so he went back and changed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Damn, just bought my girlfriend a pair and she's in Queens. She was in the chipper the other night as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

belfast is probably behind the times...when i was in Trinity college....10 years ago everyone was wearing them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

These? 0094631039058kb2.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

It's just really strange. In the past, my thinking was that if you saw someone wearing Canterbury gear they almost certainly played rugby or at the very least had a very keen interest in the game. It is just how quickly it has all happened. I don't know whether to get a pair of them now or not because people would throw around accusations of being a trend boy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I like those bottoms... but I'm afraid to buy them in case people think I know about rugby :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Jigsaw wrote: »
    It's just really strange. In the past, my thinking was that if you saw someone wearing Canterbury gear they almost certainly played rugby or at the very least had a very keen interest in the game.

Not everyone who wears sports gear is involved in that sport. Shocking I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Not everyone who wears sports gear is involved in that sport. Shocking I know.

Yeah I take your point but CCC is a bit different from Nike or Adidas or Reebok I would have thought. I just always considered it less mainstream and more for people who were into their chosen sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I guess it was for a while but I've definitely noticed it a lot more, both in shops and on people, its definitely become established as another clothing brand tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

There's an epidemic of grey canterbury tracksuit pants' around Cork at the mo...

It's those ones that are like fat-pants, my brother has a pair and says they are the most comfortable things in the world... Having not owned a tracksuit pants in about 5 years, i can't comment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

They're dead handy for training and for before matches because the zip goes right up. I love my 2 pairs, I wouldn't leave the house in 'em (because they're not exactly built for ladies) but they're dead comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

To the OP. If you want them for training in, what's the problem? You're hardly going to be wearing the around street too.

Advertisement