Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value broadband&phone package

Options
  • 24-10-2007 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi

It would seem that magnet.ie really has the best priced etc package for broadband, phone and home entertainment but are only available in cities. What else is good value out there please in broadband and phone packages?

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I don't think they do the TV on DSL anymore.
    NTL/UPC/Chorus (all one) Does phone/TV/Broadband without phone line in various areas. Save €26 on eircom
    Also Digiweb Metro does not need phoneline for Broadband + phone.
    Smart & BT does bundles phone + BB but you need phone line. They do save on line rental and give increased speed if you can get LLU package.

For TV/Phone/BB with Magnet you need to be on fibre.

Sky is good quality starting near €22 for good package. Add best BB + phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Thanks watty and pardon my ignorance when I ask you what's an LLU package??

Where eircom rent the copper wire from exchange to your house direct to a 3rd party (Smart, BT mostly) who then put their own equipment at exchage to provide WHATEVER services they like, usually phone and Broadband. Local Loop Unbundling. Close to exchange faster speeds are possible.

Otherwise any phone or broadband is really eircom's service simply rebadged by the reseller (a bit more complex actually), the reseller can only sell services & speeds provided by eircom. However the Internet Infrastructures of the reseller does count after eircom gives them the internet connection, so all DSL broadband resellers (bitstream) are not equal, even apart from price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

You sure that Sky BB is really available now?
    This old site says it's not . . .
    http://check.skybroadband.com/roi.aspx

Thanks Watty. So what re-sellers are the best then because it looks like we will have to go down that route? Cheers

• Advertisement

No Sky for just the TV and someone else for BB & phone, like BT, Digiweb etc. The OP seemed to want all three, but only UPC(NTL/Chorus) does that widespread. Other options like Magnet are very limited Geographically in comparison.

Wireless or Digiweb Metro is not resellers. (Metro has phone without a phone line).
    Everybody and his dog resells eircom's DSL.
    BT, Digiweb, UTV, IBB etc.

watty wrote: »
    No Sky for just the TV and someone else for BB & phone, like BT, Digiweb etc. The OP seemed to want all three, but only UPC(NTL/Chorus) does that widespread. Other options like Magnet are very limited Geographically in comparison.

Wireless or Digiweb Metro is not resellers. (Metro has phone without a phone line).
    Everybody and his dog resells eircom's DSL.
    BT, Digiweb, UTV, IBB etc.

No don't really want all three I was just quoting Magnet as the one offering real value. A good phone and broadband package would do me. So keep the suggestions coming!

Advertisement