Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torrent Netopia 2247-02 Port Forwarding

Options
  • 24-10-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Netopia 2247-02 on Eircom. I am using Utorrent trying to set up port forwarding according to the pages at portforward.com but don't get anywhere. At least the Utorrent portforward test fails continuously. Howevrer, I am still managing to download torrents albeit at a very slow speed.

I have set up a static IP address and I set up a custom NAT service called UTOR with the follwoing settings

Service Name *Utor
    Protocol UDP
    Global Port Range 22398 - 22398
    Base Host Port 22398

Any suggestions how I can enable Port Forwarding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

It's been a while since I did it, but should the Protocol not be TCP? Maybe I'm way off the mark!!!

mickzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭freshfruit

Thanks, I tried this before but it didn't work. I needed to set the netopia firewall to "low" as well. Now everything is great.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nemostis

Hi. Im stuck with exactly same problem. Port forwarding just wouldnt work. You mentioned netopia firewall setting to low, how do you do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

From what I remember you need to change the firewall setting on the router to either 'low' or 'off' to get it to work properly with torrents. Oh and it should be TCP and UDP ports that you forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

u only need to forward tcp as udp is not used for torrents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Yeah sorry for torrents you just need TCP forwarded, if you client supports DHT you should forward UDP too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

I have set up a static IP address and I set up a custom NAT service called UTOR....
    Thats where i'm having problems, I'm on Eircom with the same router, and cant seem to get the static IP thing sorted

I've followed the portforward.com instructions and no joy

Advertisement