Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAI Cup Semi Final UCD v Longford Sunday tickets on sale

Options
  • 24-10-2007 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hey guys,
    UCD's football club are playing their biggest game in over 20 years in the FAI National Cup semi final. It's also the second last game in Belfield Park. It's on at 3:15 on Sunday. if anyone's interested in going there's tickets on sale in the sports centre and also in the middle of the day in the Arts Block on Thursday and Friday. The club would love to see students coming along to support the team into the final. The ground is down past the running tack beside the back of Glenomena. Also accessible from Foster Avenue via the Nova UCD entrance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Whats happening to Belfield Park? Where are they moving to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Whats happening to Belfield Park? Where are they moving to?

The Bowl (Rugby pitch beside Healthe Sci) I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Sh*t I really wanted to go to this game but Liverpool are hosting Arsenal that afternoon as well...:mad:

I'll just have to support from afar... GO ON THE STUDENTS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Sh*t I really wanted to go to this game but Liverpool are hosting Arsenal that afternoon as well...:mad:

It's on the telly so you can flick over and back.

In other news, all proceeds from the sale of the supporters' magazine, STIG, at the game will go to Cystic Fibrosis Ireland because three of the writers (myself and two others) are running* the marathon the following morning.
    The price has temporarily doubled to 2 euro so as to increase the amount going to a good cause but it includes a copy of the Longford magazine "One F in Longford" as well which the Longford Supporters' Club has donated free of charge.

The FAI has a Fanzine ban in place in league grounds so it's only available outside the turnstiles.

*I'm using the term 'running' in its loosest possible sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Poor Student

Sure come along to UCD's last home game at Belfield Park against St. Patrick's Athetlic next Friday to sample the stadium's delights for the final time.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Sure come along to UCD's last home game at Belfield Park against St. Patrick's Athetlic next Friday to sample the stadium's delights for the final time.;)
    Ah, now that sounds like a game I can definitely make it to...

Fingers crossed for Sunday's Semi anyway, I'd f**king love it if UCD made it to the Final. (And I'd definitely go to that:))

Fingers crossed for Sunday's Semi anyway, I'd f**king love it if UCD made it to the Final. (And I'd definitely go to that:))

The final is in the RDS on December 3rd. An ideal orientation exercise ahead of the Christmas exams for students.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seriously dont , mystic meg says 0-0 and it be damn cold :p

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Seriously dont , mystic meg says 0-0 and it be damn cold :p

kdjac

We wouldn't have it any other way against you lot.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i'll be neutralling it up on Sunday with a slight soft spot for the Students ;)

anytime i do stroll along to Belfield Park UCD always lose so that's not a good omen

but not to worry, the TV cameras will be there so i'm sure big Sammo will start playing like Ronaldinho, win every header and score a dramatic last minute winner :)

btw do anyone you UCD fans know if Shane McFaul is going to be fit for the match? i heard he had an injury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

btw do anyone you UCD fans know if Shane McFaul is going to be fit for the match? i heard he had an injury
    He's out but don't worry, Finn will replace him. You'll hardly notice the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Racecaller

Lads will this game sell out at the gate and if so what time would I need to be there to be sure to get in?

Might be way off but it's been a while since I've been to belfield park but this has got to be the biggest game in a while and really want to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Racecaller wrote: »
    Lads will this game sell out at the gate

I really doubt it. Its a bank holiday sunday. weather looks ****e. I cant see a sellout but maybe come about 25mins before the game

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Racecaller

I really doubt it. Its a bank holiday sunday. weather looks ****e. I cant see a sellout but maybe come about 25mins before the game

Yeah you're probably right. Cheers.

COME ON THE COLLEGE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

Racecaller wrote: »
    Lads will this game sell out at the gate and if so what time would I need to be there to be sure to get in?

Might be way off but it's been a while since I've been to belfield park but this has got to be the biggest game in a while and really want to be there.

A ucd game a sell out!!:D

Now that would be one for the history books!:rolleyes:

Head along at whatever time.You'll get a ticket no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

just back from ucd, never seen so many knackers around in my life

mloc wrote: »
    just back from ucd, never seen so many knackers around in my life

Whys that?

i can't be certain, but if i had to guess it would be the hordes of soccer supporters.

of course, I can't be certain, could just be wild coincidence.

i can't be certain, but if i had to guess it would be the hordes of soccer supporters.

Lonford town and ucd fans knackers?

You have no idea how laughable that is!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i must be a knacker then, that's news to me, hmmm well better start going Donnybrook now to watch the rugger with Fionn, Oisin and Tarquin for the sole purpose to elevate my social status

lol, NEVER!!

• Advertisement

I'd imagine it was a very small percentage, but a small percentage of a large crowd.

I did get asked by 4 different groups of people between Glenomena and Roebuck Castle where the pitch was, they really need to improve the signage for big games like that.

Anyone here go to the game who wouldn't normally?

Mloc, next Friday is the last ever senior game at the ground. Signage improvement isn't necessary.

Advertisement