Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo

Options
  • 24-10-2007 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

whats the averrage charges that tattooists charge by size or time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭KlondikePaddy

davey180 wrote: »
    whats the averrage charges that tattooists charge by size or time?

Depends what you are getting done and how intricate the artwork is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

average is between 80 - 100 per hour, minimum charge is about 80

Wilburt wrote: »

Wow thats good-wheres that deal offered?

uhm most tattooist do that to be honest

Methinks i may have been diddled!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

is 130 hr make any sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

is 130 hr normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Cheap tattoos aren't good, and good tattoos aren't cheap. I'd willingly pay €130 or more if the artist was good...

i paid €100 per hour for the italian in art tattoo

130 seems a bit steep in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BoB the 7th

€90 is an avg price for custom work. Most sml flash start around €80. I've even heard my guy quote €70 for vry sml flash. Any more than €90 and imo ur being ripped off. PM me for a name of a studio that i'd highly recommend. This guy is mentioned constantly on these forums. He has done my last 3 tats. All custom work. He doesn't charge for the 1st hr normally when he's setting up. Only starts the clock when needle touches skin. And the more work u get done the cheaper it gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

You do know you're free to recommend studios in posts? You don't need to keep recommendations to PMs, heck we had an entire thread for recommending studios, though it has drifted from the first page a bit....

Have to get to work so if someone else can find and link to it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

i paid €100 per hour for the italian in art tattoo

130 seems a bit steep in my opinion

Depends on the artist tbh. I know paul booth charges about 250-300 yoyos an hour so it just depends really on how good the person is doing it.

yeah but in ireland, theres no one near good enough or comparable to paul booth.... england different story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BoB the 7th

farohar wrote: »
    You do know you're free to recommend studios in posts? You don't need to keep recommendations to PMs, heck we had an entire thread for recommending studios, though it has drifted from the first page a bit....

Have to get to work so if someone else can find and link to it please?
    Okie Dokie. I got in2 trouble in a different part of the forums for naming peeps. I just assumed it was the same here.
    The studio is Stigmata-Tau Swords. Ph: 01 813 7091. Mick is the Genius with a needle. My missus got excellent custom work done by Cathal also. A lrg Fantasy Fairy scene on her back in full colour. €400 (7hrs). And i've seen Wally's work to. 3 top Tattoo artist's under one roof. My 1st with Mick was a Black tribal custom band on my right arm. €400 inc tip (5hrs). I then continued it down as a sleeve. Another €900 Inc tip (10 hrs). Then my left arm my most recent is a Jap Coy full colour €1,890 (22 hrs) inc tip. Worth every yo yo imo. They also do piercings. Soz about the picture quality. I did them with my mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Naming the studio and artist is part of what this forum is all about, people sharing experiences with different artists, what they are and aren't good at so don't worry about naming names here (unless it's potentially slanderous of course).
    If you haven't already you should put a post in the "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours" thread with these pics, let the masses enjoy them and see if it gives them any ideas for their own next piece(s).

Advertisement