Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ran into Charlie Bird today

• 24-10-2007 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

Yes, the RTE News Charlie Bird. And not so much ran, as walked while reading a text message. Was hoping for a mention on the 6.1, but to no avail...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Was relly expecting yo to say you knocked him down with the car or something...better luck next time you meet him,try being more persuasive...ie..hit him or try and turn him on....that's def 6.1 material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

obl wrote: »
    Yes, the RTE News Charlie Bird. And not so much ran, as walked while reading a text message. Was hoping for a mention on the 6.1, but to no avail...

I hope you said "sorry about that Chief(news correspondent)".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Il get my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

a glasgow kiss ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I run into him every weekend where I work. I've also called around to his place a few times for other things. I don't know how to get on the news anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭KlondikePaddy

Did anyone see that ****e documentary that Charlie made in South America-complete ****e entertainment.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

OBL= Osama Bin Laden

He must be very scared then.

who is Charlie bird anyway ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭KlondikePaddy

He is one of the many "balanced and fair-minded" broadcasters on RTE. He chases the odd TD here and there if there is a whiff of corruption! Real value for the licence payers money as is Kenny, Ryan, Duffy,Bowman. As effective as John Delaney on an FAI selection committee-as useful as a hermits address book-need i say more?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

walked while reading a text message. Was hoping for a mention on the 6.1

Hmm, I guess that would be about as newsworthy as most of the claptrap on 6.1. Hard luck anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Pigman II wrote: »
    Hmm, I guess that would be about as newsworthy as most of the claptrap on 6.1. Hard luck anyway.

"And Brian, there was I walking down the road when all off a sudden this guy walked straight into me. He didn't even say sorry - a typical AH poster, TBH"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I read this as "ran down". And started celebrating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There was obviously something going on in some foreign country and he was in a rush to get as far away as possible so he could report on it.

(Anyone remember when he couldn't get a visa to some country and had to stand outside the country. Like a sad little man who can't get into a nightclub. :()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Just walked out of Subway on Nassau stree heading back to college.

The convo was something like:
    ME - "Oh. Sorry"
    - *Looks up*
    - "****. You're Charlie Bird!"
    CB - "Yes. Yes, I am."

And obl does not = OSAMA BIN LADEN, digitally-yours. "On broken legs", as I had a broken leg when I joined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I just clicked your bebo and I recognise you

Good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Met Colm Murray (RTE Sports newscaster) int he pub one evening.
    Asked if he could give us a mention on the sports news, or if not,
    could he scratch his head instead during the broadcast and we'd know
    he was on about us.

Dunno if he ever did it in the end ... the session we were on we only
    remembered about it about a week later :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Just walked out of Subway on Nassau stree heading back to college.

The convo was something like:
    ME - "Oh. Sorry"
    - *Looks up*
    - "****. You're Charlie Bird!"
    CB - "Yes. Yes, I am."

And obl does not = OSAMA BIN LADEN, digitally-yours. "On broken legs", as I had a broken leg when I joined.

I hope you have fully recovered now :D

Apologies if that made u feel bad in anyway.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Charlie Bird is a muppet. Brian Dobson was a surprisingly chirpy bloke on the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i hope you said;

hi charlie, any news for me?

Advertisement