Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What foods to eat?

• 24-10-2007 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,
    I get low blood sugar very easily. Like if i don't eat something small every few hours i get lightheaded and faint if I'm in a hot space. I don't want to have to be always worried about running off to eat etc so I'm wondering what type of foods i should eat to keep me going properly? I don't think I've a bad diet, for a college student anyway, but i must be missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

I'd say fruit and nuts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Avoid refined sugar (chocolate, sweets etc as much as possible), processed foods (junk, anything out of a packet) and coffee. Eat fruit and nuts regularly, eat some carbohydrates with every meal (even a small amount) but don't eat sliced pan bread. If you eat bread then have mccambridges or another type of brown bread. Don't let yourself get too hungry and make sure you eat every four hours even if its only an apple. Drink lots of water.

I've the same problem and I've found that by following the above my blood sugar rarely dips and I seldom get that faint, icky feeling anymore.

Refined sugar, processed foods and coffee seem to be my enemies!

Advertisement