Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobster Pot RIP

Options
  • 24-10-2007 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Its gone!!! there is a pizza place there now. That choice is beyond me, seeing as Apache pizza is next door.

Anyone one know why one of limericks finest establishments is now lost to history?

Bye bye Mobsters Lot:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

nooooooooooo!!! it cant be gone!! i remember falling out of riddlers many a night and stumbling into the pot for some of the worlds finest battered sausages.

very sorry to hear its gone

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

What was it like, and where else is good for dinner in Limerick because I'll be there for the weekend and I'm looking for somewhere nice. Was interested in Brulee's, any good?

Oh, sorry, was it a takeaway of some kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

What was it like, and where else is good for dinner in Limerick because I'll be there for the weekend and I'm looking for somewhere nice. Was interested in Brulee's, any good?

Oh, sorry, was it a takeaway of some kind?

lobster pot was one of the best takeaways in town...only second to Luigis and Donkey Fords.

As for dinner out id recommend luigi malones, texas steakout, brulees or the mexican

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

terrible news..long walk from riddlers to ford's.
    Maybe some caring soul will open a mobile chipper version
    of the lobster pot along the space near dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Rejoice and be happy friends, it still has the old menu, so you can still get your taco chips and battered sausages.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I remember having a good choice on that street when you had the munchies at around 3 am on a Sunday morning. The Lopster Pot or Friar Tuck's. Which ever had the smallest queue! Both had good grub though, a doner kebab from Friar's or battered sausages from the Pot. But alas both are no more!

Great! Just what we need another Pizza place...

Edit: spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

OwenM wrote: »
    Rejoice and be happy friends, it still has the old menu, so you can still get your taco chips and battered sausages.....

It's true, it says it on the door (Still serving Lobster Pot food) I never liked the food in the Lobster Pot in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Bazz bringing a tear to my eye old friar tucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

Friar Tucks :D
    Nothing could bate a coleslaw chip in there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The battered saussage I;ll give ye. but the Lobster Pot chips were just short of rat poison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Maybe a Willie O'Dea intervention is what's required.

I went there on Tuesday for lunch, to "New York City Pizza" that is, had my 2 battered sausages and a garlic and cheese chip, still as good as ever. Only now they've pictures of Audrey Hepburn and Marlon Brando on the walls, it doesn't seem right. I reckon they should have kept the name, do it up and expand the menu alright, but once the Pot always the Pot that's what I reckon.

http://www.bebo.com/The-Lobster-Pot

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

couldnt beat getting a battered sausage then watching the inevitable knacker brawl outside the pot every saturday night,good times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Save our pot! haha love it!

yeah was in there the other day and the food is the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

I guess they got sick of Americans asking if they serve lobster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Maybe the lease on the lobster cages was up?Incidentally, I went there last Saturday after coming back from Dublin... food is good, wait time is a fcukin disaster.Lots of people getting rowdy about late food/wrong orders.The bastards served 4 people before me as well!

Never mind, its bad for you to be eating that late at night anyways

Advertisement