Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOCAL Elections in Sligo 2009? who will be a winner?

Options
  • 24-10-2007 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I know elections are the last thing on our minds after the last debacle but Im new to Sligo and I was wondering what the political climate is here. What will the local elections be like?//

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

The same bunch of pandering yes men will be elected by the same bunch of simpering hangers on. And then they'll all go out and march to the hospital to complain when the yes men sit back and let the government they've also re-elected, cut a few jobs in the hospital. The irony is also too poetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Paul Robinso

I have a friend in Fianna Fail in Dublin and he tells me there is a young student in Sligo who they really want to run for the county council in Sligo to get some interest in the race, apparently he's young and very articulate and some senior members of the fianna fail cabinet see some real potential and are really pushing him to run????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

FFS this is 2007 and I see no valid reason for discussing this but with the last post I can see whats coming though and possibly the reason for starting this thread.

Im locking this for now and will have a think about it tomorrow.

Edit: No need to think any more about this. Paul Robinso is off on an extended holiday for personal abuse by PM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement