Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impressed with Velvet Nightclub

Options
  • 24-10-2007 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I was in Velvet nightclub on Saturday night, I was extremely impressed by it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

its not a bad spot, been in there a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Damn I better grow up. I have never been :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Classy joint alright!

http://www.velvetroom.ie/

Will be in there over the weekend i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

It's already been given a few awards afaik , great spot I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Well compared to the rest, Toffs and Envy it's the only real choice now that left bank is gone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

gustavo wrote: »
    It's already been given a few awards afaik , great spot I have to say

Pretty sure it was voted best club in Ireland at one stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mrincredible

Was in there myself a few months ago.
    Gorgeous Club, great atomsphere, friendly dorr staff (imagine!) and good friendly crowd.
    Drinks isn't cheap - but that's to be expected. A very classy joint indeed.
    It has a great mixture of music too. The only thing that disappointed me was I noticed when taking a peek into the DJ box that there asn't a DJ as such but a young fella watchin a comuter.. All the same that seems to becoming stadard everywhere.
    Couldn't fault the Velvet room though - looking forward to a nightout there again soon. Sligos best spot by a clear mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

The guy with the computer is the light jockey afaik. I don't think the D.J.'s use one, unless it's just early in the night before the crowd arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cranmore

i particularly like the way u hav 2 b 18 2 look at their website, but u gotta b over 23 2 get in tha door.

i cant tell u anyting bout tha club though as i've still yet 2 b granted admittance in2 tha place.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

cranmore wrote: »
    i particularly like the way u hav 2 b 18 2 look at their website, but u gotta b over 23 2 get in tha door.

i cant tell u anyting bout tha club though as i've still yet 2 b granted admittance in2 tha place.
    Just a gentle reminder to people that this a discussion forum where keyboards are used to post a reply and not a mobile phone.

Please refrain from the "txt speak"

• Advertisement
Advertisement