Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Incident between Taker and Masters on European Tour

• 24-10-2007 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Was just reading about this on Rajah.....
    There was an incident involving Undertaker and Chris Masters during a Taker & Kane vs. Finlay & Masters match last week at a house show in Scotland.

It all started when Taker started working over Masters' arm early in the match. Masters tagged out and just stood there on the apron without selling the pain. On the other side of the ring, Taker was gesturing to Masters as if to say, "Sell your arm, dumbass." Masters still wasn't doing anything, and then Taker actually yelled it across the ring. Masters sold a bit and then apparently forgot again.

Masters was tagged back into the match, and apparently Undertaker roughed him up, blooding and perhaps breaking his nose. Masters then started having trouble breathing and got completely blown up. He finally rolled out of the ring and sold like he'd hurt his arm legit. As it turns out, Masters actually dislocated his elbow at some point.
    Some guys came out and took Masters to the back. Finlay finished the rest of the match alone. That was the last time Masters wrestled on the tour. Also, a photo of Masters wearing a sling on his arm turned up online, so his injury was serious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Taker's just afraid of Masters stealing his spot. The bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

They'll all be breaking the Masterlock now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats a bit much if true. Surely one stiff punch would have been enough, or even a proper bollocking once the match was over. FFS, no selling is happening all over the wrestling world at the moment.

Not to mention the fct tat the irony of Undertaker getting annoyed about someone else no selling is not lost on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

F*ck Mark Calloway, c'mon Taker fans, defend this sh*t! Not selling is one thing but this is something completely different. Bob Holly gets shat on for this, so Calloway should too.

F*cking asshole, retire, you crippled, worthless, hasbeen f*ck!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

F*ck Mark Calloway, c'mon Taker fans, defend this sh*t! Not selling is one thing but this is something completely different. Bob Holly gets shat on for this, so Calloway should too.

VR!

Aaaaaaannnnyway.

Assuming this story is true then it is a bit much as gimmick said but I don't believe Taker would set out to seriously injure someone. We're not talking about New Jack here.

• Advertisement

Didn't he do it before?, around the same time Bob Holly stiffed Rene Dupree, I think Undertaker did it as well. I could be wrong there.

MNG does have one valid point there, "assuming the story is true", the source is rajah after all.

VR!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

F*ck Mark Calloway, c'mon Taker fans, defend this sh*t!
    VR!

Taker is my favourite Wrestler although even i wont defend this, as if true it is undefendable no matter who did it even if Masters was being a dick. Takers behaviour should not be tolerated and he should be disciplined by the WWE. However the rubbish you spout as ive highlighted above every time there is a Taker thread is just stupid. "Worthless hasbeen" seriously:rolleyes: Taker still gets a bigger pop than anyone on the roster has a great presence to him aswell as being able to carry many wrestlers time and time again for example Batista.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

No, the source is the figure four newsletter. Rajah took it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Taker is my favourite Wrestler although even i wont defend this, as if true it is undefendable no matter who did it even if Masters was being a dick. Takers behaviour should not be tolerated and he should be disciplined by the WWE. However the rubbish you spout as ive highlighted above every time there is a Taker thread is just stupid. "Worthless hasbeen" seriously:rolleyes: Taker still gets a bigger pop than anyone on the roster has a great presence to him aswell as being able to carry many wrestlers time and time again for example Batista.

This post reflects my own views about the incident.

However the rubbish you spout as ive highlighted above every time there is a Taker thread is just stupid. "Worthless hasbeen" seriously:rolleyes: Taker still gets a bigger pop than anyone on the roster has a great presence to him aswell as being able to carry many wrestlers time and time again for example Batista.

I don't give a rats! For every time he acts the dick, and he has done on more than on occasion, i will see him for one. What is understood doesn't need to be discussed.

After all, according to him when he said to several Irish guys at Westwood who were gonna beat him within an inch of his life, "they (America) saved our asses in the war" y'know?

Dream on... brother!
    VR!

• Advertisement

This post reflects my own views about the incident.

I'll agree, he should be disciplined. However given the current state of the roster, he'll be merely fined. He won't be taken off TV or PPV. And it's not like he can't afford a hefty fine. He'll get the Randy Orton discipline, and we all know what a joke that is.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

VR!

holla pasta fagioli, you do hate taker VR :D

this if true is disgusting but it wouldn't surprise me in the least with taker, the dude really does think the WWE "is his yard". But then again he started off his own career knocking heads with the likes of stan hansen so thats to be expected i suppose.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    But then again he started off his own career knocking heads with the likes of stan hansen so thats to be expected i suppose.

Ah but Stan's almost legally blind, he's got an excuse for hurting all his opponents!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

VR!

Quite easy to justify it, if not actually to defend it. If Masters didn't sell, he made a joke of all 4 men in the ring. Any pro knows full well if you don't sell, you risk being made sell, especially from a veteran. This has been the norm in the game for many a year, like it or lump it.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

VR!

God Damn....This is the biggest draw in the company were talking about. "Worthless hasbeen", Jesus F*cking Christ.

As for the incident.....it is hard to defend granted, but Taker is old school, and if Masters learns from the teacher, so to speak and takes it on board and becomes a better worker because of it, then I don't see a problem. This is wrestling, not the gentleman's club.

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    As for the incident.....it is hard to defend granted, but Taker is old school, and if Masters learns from the teacher, so to speak and takes it on board and becomes a better worker because of it, then I don't see a problem. This is wrestling, not the gentleman's club.

I agree with you to an extent. I think back to when Steve-O made his appearance on Raw against Umaga and no sold his offence. I felt Umaga was quite justified in stiffing the sh*t out of the guy.

I think the problem here is that Masters ended up dislocating his elbow which is a serious thing. If Taker intentionally set out to seriously injure the guy then it's inexcusable behaviour. I don't believe that was the case however. From the details mentioned it's not clear how he actually injured his elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Quite easy to justify it, if not actually to defend it. If Masters didn't sell, he made a joke of all 4 men in the ring. Any pro knows full well if you don't sell, you risk being made sell, especially from a veteran. This has been the norm in the game for many a year, like it or lump it.

i'm a big fan of his wrestling career but as i indicated earlier i don't condone what he did and it is hypocritical when you consider 'Taker has no sold in the past. He prides himself on being a lockeroom leader in my opinion what he did undermines that. He should have given Masters an earful, after the match, not set out to teach Masters a lesson by working stiff and ultimately causing him an injury.

i'm a big fan of his wrestling career but as i indicated earlier i don't condone what he did and it is hypocrital when you consider 'Taker has no sold in the past. He prides himself on being a lockeroom leader in my opinion what he did undermines that. He should have given Masters an earful, after the match, not set out to teach Masters a lesson by working stiff and ultimately causing him an injury.

And this folks, is the correct answer. You can dress it up as old school mentality, but we're not in the dark ages anymore. Just cos he's one of the oldest guys there does not justify or excuse his actions.

I seriously hope McMahon serves him up a reality check. He f*cking needs one at this stage.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

And this folks, is the correct answer. You can dress it up as old school mentality, but we're not in the dark ages anymore. Just cos he's one of the oldest guys there does not justify or excuse his actions.

I seriously hope McMahon serves him up a reality check. He f*cking needs one at this stage.

VR!

I think it's obviously wrong and unprofessional to intentionally set out to hurt someone like Taker did, even if he didn't mean to cause the injuries sustained by Masters, it seems the intent to hurt him was there and there is no way you can justify that. As nacho libre said, by all means give him a bollocking after the match and let him know what you think. No selling is a big deal and shouldn't go unpunished but for christsakes the last thing the WWE need is more injuries.

Also VR, I agree with you here, but you could have been less abrasive in your earlier posts. It's fair enough to be passionate about this, but some of what you wrote was flame bait.

Hamndegger wrote: »

I really dont think that is a justification. What about steroid/painkiller abuse. They have been the norm in the game for many a year. Do you condone it? BTW I agree completely with your point on Masters no selling, but did he deserve a dislocated elbow for it?

• Advertisement

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Also VR, I agree with you here, but you could have been less abrasive in your earlier posts. It's fair enough to be passionate about this, but some of what you wrote was flame bait.

I actually don't think I could have been, nor do i think what i wrote was flame bait. I just don't share the same passion about Crippletaker as most people on the board does. As i said, the more he continues to act like a complete dick, the more i am likely to see him as one.

I'm not asking people to agree with me, that's the last thing i'd do. But that's just how i feel about the guy, period.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Hmm im beginning to think that one of those 'irish people in westwood that he supposedly mentioned the war to' .....was Mr VR!

Bitter much?

Personally, I think taker is in the best shape of his career(compared to the fat mess he was as an american badass). Dont get me wrong im not a big fan, but do respect the guy(within the business)

And if the storey is true about him stiffing masters then...i think its justified, wrestling is in the ****er becasue of people like Cena & Masters not selling......rough him up a bit if thats the case....to dumb to get the picture but still...itll be fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Any wrestler who takes it upon himself to stiff their opponent in the ring, for whatever reason shows a level of unprofessionalism and the ability to do nothing but bully and push people around to suit themselves.

Guilty parties are Holly, Saturn, Bradshaw/Simmons - those are ones I have seen stiff the bejaysis out of people

If the report is true, then Taker has become nothing more then a bully - and this coming from a 'Taker mark since he first came to WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Thewici

Even if masters wasnt selling its no excuse to puposely try and hurt someone . He may be one of the main men in the wwe at the moment but acting like that is unaceptable and he should be punished

HBK wrote: »
    Hmm im beginning to think that one of those 'irish people in westwood that he supposedly mentioned the war to' .....was Mr VR!

Bitter much?

Nah, i wasn't there. I'll be the first to admit the last place you'd find me is a gym! I just hate the crippled old hack. Especially when he's giving out to people for pulling his specialty, no selling :)

VR!

I really dont think that is a justification. What about steroid/painkiller abuse. They have been the norm in the game for many a year. Do you condone it? BTW I agree completely with your point on Masters no selling, but did he deserve a dislocated elbow for it?

Nobody deserves to be full on hurt for the hell of it, but certainly he needed to be put in his place at the time. As somebody else posted up, it isn't clear how Masters injured his elbow so there is little point in assuming it being the result of Taker.

In regards to your point about Steriods, that's getting way off the topic but it is accepted fact that they are taken. Don't make it right, but it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

VR!

to quote peter kay: too far tony, too far

I actually don't think I could have been, nor do i think what i wrote was flame bait. I just don't share the same passion about Crippletaker as most people on the board does. As i said, the more he continues to act like a complete dick, the more i am likely to see him as one.

I'm not asking people to agree with me, that's the last thing i'd do. But that's just how i feel about the guy, period.

VR!

I never said you were asking people to agree with you. A lot of Taker fans has said this was out of order. You had this preconceived notion that they would all leap to his defence and this is clearly not the case.
    VR! wrote:

VR!

So you think this isn't flame bait? C'mon man, you wrote this to get a angry responce from people so you could agure with them. I won't go into it anymore cause it's getting off topic, but :whatthechrist: take a valium sometimes before you post.
    Hamndegger wrote:
    Nobody deserves to be full on hurt for the hell of it, but certainly he needed to be put in his place at the time. As somebody else posted up, it isn't clear how Masters injured his elbow so there is little point in assuming it being the result of Taker.

In regards to your point about Steriods, that's getting way off the topic but it is accepted fact that they are taken. Don't make it right, but it does happen.

I disagree, if 'putting him in his place' as you say involves being stiff and hurting your opponent purposefully, then injuries will happen. I thought keeping your opponent safe through out the match was paramount in pro wrestling? The no selling issue should be adressed backstage and not in the form of violence.

My point with the steriods was that, just like being stiff to make someone sell has being in the business for years, this does not make it right.

So you think this isn't flame bait? C'mon man, you wrote this to get a angry responce from people so you could agure with them. I won't go into it anymore cause it's getting off topic, but :whatthechrist: take a valium sometimes before you post.

Your opinion, but you're entitled to it, so we'll leave that be. But i've already told you that wasn't my motive, so you're clearly wrong. If i was trying to get a rise out of the users here, i'd freely say so. Maybe if you came around more than once a forthnight and post something more than bait (how ironic), you'd probably realise this.

• Advertisement

i'm a big fan of his wrestling career but as i indicated earlier i don't condone what he did and it is hypocritical when you consider 'Taker has no sold in the past. He prides himself on being a lockeroom leader in my opinion what he did undermines that. He should have given Masters an earful, after the match, not set out to teach Masters a lesson by working stiff and ultimately causing him an injury.

Where is the evidence that Undertaker was responsible for "ultimately causing him an injury"? The report talks about him bloodying up Masters' nose and then states that "Masters dislocated his elbow at some point". Bit suspect I reckon. And Taker has no sold because he was instructed to do so as part of his dead man gimmick. When he wrestled as part of his American badasss persona he sold plenty.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    Any wrestler who takes it upon himself to stiff their opponent in the ring, for whatever reason shows a level of unprofessionalism and the ability to do nothing but bully and push people around to suit themselves.

Guilty parties are Holly, Saturn, Bradshaw/Simmons - those are ones I have seen stiff the bejaysis out of people.

Can't agree with that and there are way more guilty parties than those listed there. Did you watch the recent episode of Raw? Watch the abuse that Kennedy endures for wrestling one of the worst matches of his career. Jeff Hardy takes the gloves off big time. And some more guilty parties which spring to my mind...

- Kurt Angle who admitted in an interview to stiffing John Cena and remarked that he was impressed that Cena had the guts to then stiff him back.

- Kane who stiffed Shane McMahon in that whacky Ambulance match after being pissed off at Shane's offence.

- Umaga stiffing the Jackass muppets

- Rick Steiner was often stiff and if I'm not mistaken he had his ass handed to him in an indy match not long ago from a young guy who knew self-defence

- Vader who momentarily paralysed an opponent from the waist down from being overly stiff. He was often stiff in the ring too.

- Stan Hansen who stiffed...well pretty much everyone. Regarded as a legend nonetheless.

- The Dudley Boyz were known for being very stiff and there were reports that guys in TNA didn't like working with them as a result.

- Dynamite Kid was renowned for working stiff and for being a bully outside the ring too of course. Again regarded highly by many nonetheless.

I'm sure there's countless other examples. No one says a peep about these guys. This is the culture of professional wrestling. As I read Chris Jericho say in an interview recently, wrestlers are products of their environment so I find it quite laughable to read this hysteria from certain posters towards Undertaker when I'm certain that pretty much EVERY pro wrestler in the WWE has worked stiff at some point for whatever reason.

Your opinion, but you're entitled to it, so we'll leave that be. But i've already told you that wasn't my motive, so you're clearly wrong. If i was trying to get a rise out of the users here, i'd freely say so. Maybe if you came around more than once a forthnight and post something more than bait (how ironic), you'd probably realise this.

I always read these forums, I just don't post that often as I don't watch wrestling as much as I did before. I haven't posted a troll here in ages either, but look, ok I believe that you didn't mean it as flame bait and I will let it go.

Cuddle?

I'm not exactly that way inclined dude... but it's all good in the hood :)
    VR!

- Rick Steiner was often stiff and if I'm not mistaken he had his ass handed to him in an indy match not long ago from a young guy who knew self-defence

That was...3 years ago I'll guess. And it was Vordell Walker being a jackass. I've seen the match and he didn't hand Steiner his ass, despite what he later claimed. He did try booting Rick in the head after the match while he was lying prone and that sort of stiffness isn't ever welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

while masters was being a dick himself for not selling he didnt deserve to have a dislocated arm for it, a bollocking backstage or one swift gutshot would have done it, but whoever said he was making a fool of the other guys is right, being a wrestler involves selling if you dont do it you're being unprofessional yourself unless your gimmick requires it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Lads we all know VR will go to a gym before he admits he's wrong! i think everyone should just calm down!

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    That was...3 years ago I'll guess. And it was Vordell Walker being a jackass. I've seen the match and he didn't hand Steiner his ass, despite what he later claimed. He did try booting Rick in the head after the match while he was lying prone and that sort of stiffness isn't ever welcome

Well I've not seen the video as you have so I won't try and defend the guy but from what I read at the time, Steiner refused to even speak with the guy prior to the match and afterwards tried to defend his actions by saying he was only trying to rough the kid up.

I watched a match from WCW where Steiner really roughed up Konnan. Strikes me as a bit of a thug.

forbesii: for the first time since i've started posting on a regular basis, you've said something funny! I do actually admit i'm wrong when i'm wrong (see Armageddon poster thread), but if i am stuck on an opinion, it's mine and i'll defend it, regardless of what ubermark thinks of it. :)

VR!

the steiners were known for stiffing the crap out of people though, and their matches looked all the better for it, its not ballet after all

krudler's not wrong here. Check out the Steiners work in WCW from around 91-92. Especially in matches with the japs. A lot of WCW talent worked very stiff, hence why Pussytaker (now THAT is flame bait :P) complained a lot about working with them in 2001, because they couldn't work "WWE style" aka non stiff.

But there's working stiff, and being a complete dick by doing it to prove a point. Aka Bob Holly, Undertaker, JBL and a lot of the guys that MNG has mentioned.

VR!

who was is that perry saturn kicked the **** out of once in the wwe? or was it him who someone beat up?

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    who was is that perry saturn kicked the **** out of once in the wwe? or was it him who someone beat up?

That was jobber Mike Bell, and allegedly Saturn didn't even know he was doing it. Bell botched a move and Saturn landed right on his head. Saturn was apparently knocked goofy and pummeled the living sh*t out of Bell for the duration of the match which was about another 3 minutes.

Poor bastard. Bell recovered from it tho and is still wrestling I believe.
    VR!

ah that was it, then everyone was whinging that RVD was hurting them with his stiff kicks until his spirit was broken and talent formed into repetitive wwe style working

The funny thing is that reportedly they gave Saturn the Moppy gimmick as a punishment for attacking Bell yet he started getting over with it way more than they could have ever envisaged.

I like Saturn even though he was a stiff f*cker. He got shot three times a couple of years back from stepping in to prevent a girl from being raped.

No idea what he's up to now.

At least McMahon was paying him though! Unlike the master of the bouncing cheque Heyman! ;)

VR!

The funny thing is that reportedly they gave Saturn the Moppy gimmick as a punishment for attacking Bell yet he started getting over with it way more than they could have ever envisaged.

Yep, he was Dusty Rhodes for the new millennium. in 89 Vince McMahon did everything he could to bury and humiliate Rhodes, and he got more and more over right up to the point where his contract ran out.
    I like Saturn even though he was a stiff f*cker. He got shot three times a couple of years back from stepping in to prevent a girl from being raped.

I hated Saturn's WWE run, after seeing his WCW run, the two just don't compare. Saturn and Jericho had some great matches.
    Also didn't two out of three of those bullet shots hit him in the neck?

VR!

And he didn't even realise that he'd been shot until he went to the doctor. He was meant to work one of the Hardcore Homecoming events a couple of years ago but his neck wasn't in good enough shape. That's the last I heard of him

yeah but you've gotta admit rvds matches were a lot more exciting in ecw with guys like jerry lynn, he was and is a great talent when he wants to be but was phoning it in a lot of the time in his later wwe days

anyone know if when eddie juiced himself half to death at judgement day 04 was that a result of him blading too deep or the insanely hard chair shot jbl hit him with?

krudler wrote: »
    anyone know if when eddie juiced himself half to death at judgement day 04 was that a result of him blading too deep or the insanely hard chair shot jbl hit him with?

I think i remember reading that Eddie botched the blade when he was coming out of the ropes and he went too deep.

Also i believe someone else did a massive blade during that show too, can't remember though.

VR!

But there's working stiff, and being a complete dick by doing it to prove a point. Aka Bob Holly, Undertaker, JBL and a lot of the guys that MNG has mentioned.

VR!

And there's of course getting into a ring, no selling punches and then getting a come uppance and never ever no selling ever again ;)

Bet ya Masters will never pull that stunt again :)

Yeah, two wrongs make a right in the wrestling business, real professionals ;)
    VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement