Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless and xbox live

Options
  • 24-10-2007 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭

Im sorry if this has already been asked but im on a 30kb dial up modem so it took me long enough just ot get here! Just wondering if you go for wireless, are you guranteed to have a high ping? Or is there anything you can do to minimize it? It probably doesn't matter but there is absolutley nothing between our house and the signal tower to affect the signal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 michael.oleary

siblers wrote: »
    Im sorry if this has already been asked but im on a 30kb dial up modem so it took me long enough just ot get here! Just wondering if you go for wireless, are you guranteed to have a high ping? Or is there anything you can do to minimize it? It probably doesn't matter but there is absolutley nothing between our house and the signal tower to affect the signal

Depend what wireless you are talking about, do you have any products in mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

2 or 3mb with Irish Broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to broadband as OP is refering to fixed wireless broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

If you are getting Breeze, I use it for Live and its fine most of the time. Have had a few minor problems some nights with high pings and connection dropping (like maybe 3 nights in 6 months).

Overall the fixed wireless is good enough for Xbox Live if you have the coverage and ping times for it.

I connect using Internet Connection sharing via a network cable to my laptop and then the wireless on the laptop to the router, to IBB to Xbox Live and I rarely have problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

pings vary from 40ms to 1500ms depending on which Wireless product/service/supplier. There are some quite different technologies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement