Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone.ie broken

• 24-10-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

It's always been slow, but I thought maybe since the facelift it would have speed up?

unfortunately not, now pages timeout (remotely)

I just ordered an N70, entered my credit card details, and then after 4 minutes (afraid to hit refesh) I got "Your shopping cart is empty"

Is it empty because I am finished shopping and have nothing else to buy? (good), or because the website is broken?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I think the website is riddled with problems. I seem to have an issue everytime I use webtext. I type the message, click into the recipient box to add the number, and it just goes back the message field. Try again, same thing. I emailed Vodafone about it but they said its a problem they can't fix. Talk about useless!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

yes, i'd forgotten about that, the "solution" was to write the number in notepad, copty it to clipboard, and very quickly click the text box and doa CRTL Z paste (a left click paste is too slow) before the bad javascript moves the cursor back into the message textbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes the vodafone site is very bad. Its been timing out on me all day. About that cursor problem, all you have to do is click out of the text box onto a random point on the page. It only moves back to the text box if it currently has the focus

i would say try it out but they've disabled the site again so people have to send real texts. I have to wonder who they pay to run the site. I have free webspace that hasn't gone down on me once. I must let vodafone know about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

as was discussed in a previous thread, i looked at the code of the site while making the program in my sig. It is the old site. They just gave it a lick of paint

• Advertisement
Advertisement