Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live question

• 24-10-2007 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

hi, im just wondering do you get a free trial on xbox live or do you have to buy the gold subscription?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You get a free 1 months gold trial, which enables you to play online.
    Silver is always free, but doesn't allow you play online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

mcgovern wrote: »
    You get a free 1 months gold trial, which enables you to play online.
    Silver is always free, but doesn't allow you play online.

sorry to be a pain but i dont know much about xbox live, how to i get the 1 months free gold trial? im planning on buying a 1 year subscription but i just want to test it out first to see if it runs smoothly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

You get it with a new 360 I think. A booklet or scratch card type of thing.
    If it's not a new machine then or there isn't one in the box the best you could hope for is to get a 2 day trial with a new game(only some have this) or ring the Xbox Gaming Centre in Dublin City, they may have a spare one. Or better yet, ring Microsoft and get them to send one to you.

Da Bounca wrote: »
    You get it with a new 360 I think. A booklet or scratch card type of thing.
    If it's not a new machine then or there isn't one in the box the best you could hope for is to get a 2 day trial with a new game(only some have this) or ring the Xbox Gaming Centre in Dublin City, they may have a spare one. Or better yet, ring Microsoft and get them to send one to you.

unfortunately i didnt get one with the console, only purchased it today, i will try the gaming centre and microsoft, cheers da bounca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Just go online on the xbox and register a new gamertag and you will automatically get your 1 month free. There isnt a code or card in the box with the console.

I bought mine about 5 weeks ago and when I registered my gamertag online thru the console it automatically gave me the 1 month. Do not do it on xbox.com as you wont get the month free that way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just create a new account via your xbox but don't pay for the subscription yet, just select the free silver account. Once you have created the silver account they will magically upgrade you to gold for a month. :D

This will only work with completely new accounts though so don't enter any subscription codes that you might have until you have been given the upgrade.

i got it!! thanks a lot :D

Advertisement