Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swell is on for the weekend...where to go??

Options
  • 25-10-2007 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

The swell predictions for the weekend is fairly good according to www.magicseaweed.com
    So where are ye all heading.Achill is meant too be massive on Monday over six metres??Cork is around 4metres.Swell is hitting west and southwest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Sheltered reefs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

I'm staying at home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Too fuppin windy :(

Did anyone get a surf in this weekend? I had to break my annual halloween bank holiday surf tradition because of crap surf :(

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Just got back from Sligo. Strandhill was way too big for me but we found a nice sheltered beach break and were in the water at 9.30am before the crowds arrived. Twas good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

cue wrote: »
    Just got back from Sligo. Strandhill was way too big for me but we found a nice sheltered beach break and were in the water at 9.30am before the crowds arrived. Twas good.

my lesson was cancelled in strandhill today.. too big.

i was raging..:(
    i've really caught the bug

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Saturday - Inch Strand, swells were OK, surf was ok for the first few hours then the wind picked up too much and blew the whole lot out.

Sunday - Too windy at inch strand, smaller swell all blown to mush by the wind. Diverted to waterford instead. No wind, about 1.5 - 2FT nice clean swell, probably best we found all weekend.

Monday - Drove the entire south east coast looking for surf, not enough power in any of the waves for a decent pickup. Didnt stop anyone heading out for paddling practice though :D

Thats the spirit :). After that long a drive I wouldn't care if there was a wave, I'd just have to get in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Garretstown bank holiday monday:)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wideangle07/1830613051/

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

pretty crap week for surfin last week was home in donegal for the week only surfed once and it was slightly messy fingers crossed it will be good this weeknd home is calling anyone look at the charts i am slightly lazy

• Advertisement

Don't get your hopes up. At least the weather is still good though

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

yeah was lookin at the charts pretty **** prob just stay in dub forget going home not worth the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Todays conditions are good for Portmarnock! Anyone off work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 traboy

just dont come to tramore anywayz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I will come where I want....;)

According to magic seaweed 30 foot waves in the Cork area this Saturday,but by the time they reaches the beach it will probably be half that,still worth the effort to get out.Will be at Garretstown on Sunday due to work on Saturday.Still due to be over 20 feet on Sunday.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Thats quite a freakin swell! :eek:

I'm dying for a surf, but not to the extent that I'm willing to die for one... Looks like there'll be strong onshore winds too.

Went to Garretstown yesterday for a two hour session,waves were fairly good.It was freezing and wind was around 12kpm cross onshore quiet a few others out aswell.
    I am not a strong swimmer but I love spending time in the water on the bodyboard,great fun even though I have not met any others into it.:oSaying that I know they are out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

lightening wrote: »
    I will come where I want....;)

are we still talking surf? :rolleyes:

Advertisement