Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin in the late 70s, early 80s....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

intheknow wrote: »
    mods move to different position if u wish.
    You can bet your house on that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭intheknow

Where then ? Always 1..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

pfft, The Corrs? :rolleyes:

Now this takes me back

Jebus, that first clip brings back so much... what a time to be alive.
    The amount of people welcoming the team back, good jebus.

:D @ Alf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

man

they are a distant memory

i remember after that game in genoa the dancing in the fountains, interviewing every tom dick and harry on the street.

ohhhhhhhhhh tis great......... gwan ireland...!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

* sings * Ring-a-ring-a-rosie, as the light declines... ;)

• Advertisement

awww, thought this thread would be choc-ful of wonderful clips and memories by now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The-Rigger wrote: »
    awww, thought this thread would be choc-ful of wonderful clips and memories by now. :(

Here's one - watch till the end Rigger, it kinda ties back to your first post ;)

The old Croker - just a memory now............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yeah - poor auld Ronnie - looking a bit worse for the wear these days.......

I came across a pic of him in a newspaper recently - no hair and no beard since the big C took hold....................

Anyone remember the 'Big Snow'......... here's a vid (obviously taken by some flash ba$tard who could afford a video camera in 1982 :D )

Jebus, I'd say he spent some wack on getting a camera back then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Nice Clip Crosstownk !

I rember it well :) No school for Two Weeks :D and not long after Christmas !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Jebus, I'd say he spent some wack on getting a camera back then!

Dude who youtubed it is a member of boards for years. As it happens, as far as I know, an uncle was big into cinefilm back in the day and it filtered down the family line... They have loads of film of New York..dublin and stuff from yesteryear.. It is all very cool looking at it.

also the little baby at the end behind the patio doors is also a lady poster on boards :D... The cat in the same shot is sadly dead :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

I love seeing old footage of familiar places. Is it just me though or does it make anyone else feel kinda sad for some reason? Dunno why, so many things were crapper way back when but actually looking at orange buses etc makes me yearn for... well dunno. Wish I could jump back to then with what I know now though. Id collect and photograph everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Early U2 showing Mtv around the south docks area in 80s, shows you how shocking the dereliction in the city was back then
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uLYlDSHCSU ..here it is as not sure if link works below embedded)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

The U2 video is crazy, really puts into perspective how much the city has changed in the past 20 years, amazing!

Old videos are great, always love looking at the background and trying to recongise old haunts!

Advertisement