Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dammit, whats the word?!

• 25-10-2007 2:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads, just need a quick hand! Im writing a thesis at the moment, on the last section of it, but its due in the morning so i haven't really slept in a while...

anyway i was about to write down a word for something, when it completely slipped my mind! checked thesaurus.com and everything.

Was saying how PHP is .....and the word is meant to mean "able to do lots of different things" like a utility man in football. jack of all trades type thing..Help, im going nuts!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

dilettante?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

a terrorist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Able to multi-task and therefore must be female? BOOM BOOM!

I dunno, malable (check spelling) maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

the word im thinking of is on the tip of my tongue..thinking eeee....e something...

dilettante is an awesome word, but not what im looking for. I kind of thre wyou off with teh jack of all trades thing, i mean more that PHP is capable of doing a wide veriety of tasks..its very...e.....agh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

polymath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...flexible?

Karoma wrote:
    ...flexible?

im not even sure if that was what i was looking for, but ill take it!

y'see? thats me that is. FleecksssIble.

Thanks Karoma! Gonna try and get this all done now before my brain degenerates into complete mush.

Don't torment him...I've been there and its AARRRGGHH.
    Versitile or multi-functional?

Alt: versatile, adaptable, adjustable, extensible... *Not quite what you asked

Versatile is the word i was actually looking for now that i see it.

Thanks very much lads and lassies, be proud you've stopped me having a breakdown.

<edit>
    Come to think of it, this thread could even be kept for when people are going nuts trying to think of "That Word" that just won't come.

Or else it could just die a quick and painless death. Let the masses decide!

• Advertisement

Quickly moved to English. BEHAVE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

PHP is a swiss army knife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Go to sleep

Advertisement