Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful bastard

Options
  • 25-10-2007 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

A so-called "sky-bar" on the top of a 45 floors New York high-rise building:

Customer #1: 'Bartender, I'll have a lager, please.'

The bartender serves the lager. Everything is quiet, not many customers around. Suddenly a man runs into the bar...

Customer #2: @Bartender, quick a whiskey!' Gulps it down in one go and to the horror of customer #1 proceeds to an open window and jumps out.

Customer #1 is absolutely speechless and it takes a couple of minutes before he can actually grasp what had just happened. Just before he can talk to the bartender about what he just witnessed a man runs into the bar...it's customer #2 who jumped out of the window a couple of minutes earlier!

Customer #2: 'Bartender, quick, another whiskey!' Again, drinks it in one go and runs towards the open window and jumps out.

Customer #1 rubs his eyes, doesn't believe what he just saw. Deja vu, or something? Maybe the shock form the first jump? Again, it takes him a couple of minutes to find his composure but before he can say anything someone comes running into the bar...it's customer #2. Again!

Customer #2: 'Bartender, quick....'

This time customer #1 interrupts: 'I am sorry to interrupt you, Sir, but may I ask you a question?

Customer #2: 'Sure, go ahead.'

Customer #1: 'I know this must sound like I am mad but I thought I saw you running into this bar before, ordering a whiskey and the....jumping out of the 45th floor window....twice?'

Customer #2: My good man, you are quite correct. I did come in here twice before, had a whiskey each time and jumped out of that window over there. You see, this city is suffering from a serious traffic problem creating a lot of smog. What I discovered recently was that the smog in this particular area is so heavy that it has become quite dense and acts like a cushion. You can actually jump into it and you float down like a feather, it's quite a thrill and I can only recommend it if you are bored. The whiskey just adds to the enjoyment.

Customer #1: 'This is astonishing!' Thinking to himself: 'Well, he did jump out twice and he did return alive so it must be true.

He goes over to the bartender, orders a whiskey, drinks it down in one go and jumps out of the window and....SPLASH....falls to his death.

Bartender to customer #2: 'Ah, you're an awful bastard, Superman'

Comments

Advertisement