Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite/least favourite breed

• 25-10-2007 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

My favourite would have to be the irish draught. Really honest and kind.

Leat favourite:Arabs .. Narky chicken sh!ts!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

I really cant think of either...
    I tend to like/dislike horses as individuals.

I have a soft spot for zoomy responsive clever ponies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Yeah fits i know what you mean. Im generalising alot here. Probably unfair to try to segregate horses like that. One of my best horses had no breeding at all and one was a chesnut mare......!

togster wrote: »
    and one was a chesnut mare......!

Ah I dont subscribe to that old wives tale at all. I've known some fantastic chestnut mares.

Me too but i've also known some absolute crazies. Then again i've know crazy greys, bays etc... But i know dealers that won't buy them in because they are too hard to move again. So maybe some truth or simply like you said an old wives tale.

I reckon I'll end up with a chestnut mare one of these days, as they're often bargains....

To stay on topic, I've never met one in the flesh, but I really like the look of the cleveland bay.

http://www.molalla.net/~williamsknollfarm/images/William/William_Elegance.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I like them as well. Also love the Clydesdale and the Percheron.

+1 for the clydesdale. Some day i want one out the back of my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

I'm a fan of TB's but after all the vets bills we've had with G I'm going for something a bit more solid this time! Looking for a HW showcob or MW hunter-y sort - whatever it is it has to have decent pins! - no stick-legs!!

I don't really have a disliked breed.. if I was pushed I'd say I'm not mad on the big continental WB's.. they always seem a little dim.. PoshButThick!! - although maybe thats just the ones I've ridden.. However a dealer I know (in fancy German/Dutch dressage neds) says the reason they are so fab at stressage is that they are a bit thick.. and don't think for themselves.. which makes them amenable and they don't tend to make mountains out of molehills during training sessions..

also not totally overawed by Arabs.. they're pretty but not for me.. always look like they need a good dose of valium and a cocktail to chill them out ! (no offence to any Ay-rab owners out there..:) )

TheBx

Advertisement