Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to change an Audi A4 break light?

Options
  • 25-10-2007 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Anyone know how I can access the drivers side rear break light??

Gotta change the bulb before NCT next week.......
    Cant seem to get at it though....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pangeran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Or you could have checked your car manual!?

..but wow, that seems awkward just to change a bulb

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

I read that link and I am still reeling from the thought that the official Audi line is that you have to go to a dealer to change a light bulb. They were going to charge him $80 in the USA. I wonder what your friendly Irish car dealer would charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Just read it there. I cant believe it would say that in the manual. That is absolute madness!! Shame on audi , why could they not have just outlined the steps, its hardly something you cant do yourself. Thats disgraceful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Changing the rear bulbs is quite easy in the A4 saloon. The headlight bubls are a bit harder but still possible. That link above is for the avant which might be slightly different to the saloon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

That's Audi all over- absolutely NOTHING is easy to fix yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

its quite simple, i have an 02 b6 A4 when you open the trunk you will see on the left and right 2 little holes covered by a cap, pry them open with a screwdriver and then take out the screw from behind it.
    After that you just take off the light cover and just change the bulb.
    Simple really.
    Did it myself today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The back lights are a doddle, the front lights are not hard but rather time consuming. I had to slide out the whole headlamp unit to change the bulb on mine, otherwise you've no access.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The back ones are straight forward, the front one you can change the dips without removing the full light unit. Did it with mine there about 1 month back. Changed the dip bulb in about 1 minute,

Advertisement