Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats up with vodafone.ie

• 25-10-2007 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey, just switch to vodafone on tuesday. There website is so so slow. Whats up? Has it always been like this? I switched from o2 to meteor because of there sucky slow website. Why can't irish operators sort out there sites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

You switched because the site is slow? That's a bit harsh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, very harsh... The vodafone site is quite poor though, speed wise... Although i do like how the webtexts work... I miss the meteor site though...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sinkingfish

I switch because at the time i was a poor student, and if your going to provide webtexts then supply them. An inaccessible website is useless to me. O2's site was crap for months on end. So... if they can't sort it out take your business elsewhere! Thats what great about being able to porting your number. Freedom to move to another provider whenever suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Oh how things have changed!!! :D
    O2 are now by far the quickest website and Meteor behind them and Vodafone should be arriving any minute now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cranmore

i often use vodafones webtext, and apart from the occasional unsent msg, i have never had any real problems with their site (but i am on broadband?). vodafone is the dearest network, but they r the most reliable and hav the best network coverage which is a big issue if you live outside of dublin in places such as rural sligo/mayo/leitrim ect.

p.s. i do not work 4 vodafone and im not gettin paid 2 post this (unfortunately) :lol:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Vodafone's site is like swimming in treacle. If I was them I'd be embarassed!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

I dont think switching networks is harsh - I use vodafone.ie a lot for sending texts - It now takes almost 5 mins to send a text and 4 out of every 5 times it times-out. I've given up on the site and I use my phone now.
    I'm definitely considering changing networks - the vodafone site is just too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Agreed it actually seems to be getting worse than better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

manster wrote: »
    Agreed it actually seems to be getting worse than better

+1
    Infact it was down for me for all of yesterday with the message that they are "upgrading their systems" or something like that. That so called "upgrade" has made no difference whatsoever, i think i'll switch to o2 now- I see they're giving away sim cards for free and their weekend free texts can be sent to ANY network;http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Phones/SIM+card+only/O2+Freedom

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Yup, VF systems are being upgraded at the mo, everything is down and will stay down until tomorrow. Apparrently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

Well,
    Its still slow - Cant open the page I need.
    sending texts online is important for me, its as important as making calls.
    I wrote to the email on the site but got no reply - I'm sure there's no point complaining, would they really care?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It was fine for a good while. Then they revamped the site and it's been getting constantly slower since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hey, just switch to vodafone on tuesday. There website is so so slow. Whats up? Has it always been like this? I switched from o2 to meteor because of there sucky slow website. Why can't irish operators sort out there sites?

3's site is fairly fast, to bad theres nothing on it...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

1huge1 wrote: »
    3's site is fairly fast, to bad theres nothing on it...:rolleyes:
    Ironically thats probably why its so fast. Too bad their mobile broadband wasnt as fast :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Ive been trying to access the settings page for a full day but it's still down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

The site is a joke, i am trying to reg an account, it sends a password to your sim which expires in 15 minutes, of course it takes longer than 15 minutes for the page to load! piece of crap!

Advertisement