Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your stories of wrestlers you have met

• 25-10-2007 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

What wrestlers have people met on these boards, in Dublin i have met and got my photo taken with Cena, Orton, Taker, Benoit, Finlay, Matt Hardy, Kane, MVP, Val Venis , Santino Marella, Mick Foley, William Regal, Jeff Hardy, Chuck Palumbo, Johnny Nitro, Carlito, Kenny Dykstra, Victoria, Michelle McCool, Layla, Sharmell, Krystal, Mickie James, Candice Michelle

They were are all absolutely great apart from JBL and Big Dave who both just walked by me. Orton, Mickie James and Candice were by far the best, all seemed down to earth and pleasent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think we had a thread like this before, but I've met a few since then. Met Mick Foley when he was doing his book signing in Dublin, he was as sound as could be. Took the time to speak to everyone and made it a real personal experience

Met Colt Cabana and Christopher Daniels at an IWW show earlier this year. I wasn't sure if I'd get kicked out for talking to them because I didn't have a VIP ticket, but they both seemed really apprehensive and I have no idea why! They were sound though once I'd sucked up to them a bit

I know there's others who have met plenty more guys than me. I saw JBL crossing the road in a dangerous manner in town a few years ago and I shouted to him. That's about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Fozzy wrote: »
    I think we had a thread like this before, but I've met a few since then. Met Mick Foley when he was doing his book signing in Dublin, he was as sound as could be. Took the time to speak to everyone and made it a real personal experience

Met Colt Cabana and Christopher Daniels at an IWW show earlier this year. I wasn't sure if I'd get kicked out for talking to them because I didn't have a VIP ticket, but they both seemed really apprehensive and I have no idea why! They were sound though once I'd sucked up to them a bit

was at both of those events too, i thought cabana was sound but my friend who works for IWW said he treated her like a 5 year old mark, asking her to buy his merchandise etc.

foley as always is a legend.

the only 3 off the top of my head that have come across as d*cks are flair, batista and torrie wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

met foley in dublin and a few in detroit for wrestlemania 23, met refs jack doane and mike chioda, maria and josh matthews, jimmy hart, jim duggan, hillbilly jim (thats a lot of jims!) melina, and if it counts the sign guy lol

lol, saw sign guy in san antonio at the rumble, didn't know who the hell he was, thought maybe some basketballer due to height and build. he is really a celeb these days, everyone was there wanting to get their picture with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I haven't met any wrestlers but I did kick Sensational Sherri when they were here in the point about fifteen years ago when I was only a nipper!

She got knocked off the ring apron and landed right in front of me at the guard rail so I slipped my foot through the railings and gave her a sly nudge with my runner. Felt kinda bad about that when she died. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

rossie1977 wrote: »
    lol, saw sign guy in san antonio at the rumble, didn't know who the hell he was, thought maybe some basketballer due to height and build. he is really a celeb these days, everyone was there wanting to get their picture with him.

he even has his own little promo that plays during the "hype up the crowd" segment before a show goes live, loads of people were booing him at wrestlemania, i thought he was cool though was taking time to talk to people and pose for pics even though he was just there to enjoy himself like us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

John Cena, JBL, Teddy Long, Orlando Jordon, Matt Morgan, Jimmy Hart, DDP, Nigel McGuinness, Homicide, Colt Cabana, Delirious, Samoa Joe,
    Gabe Sapolsky, The Briscoe Brothers, Davey Richards, Matt Sydal, Rodrick Strong.

I met the WWE guys in a pub in Dublin (after the RDS show) Cena is a super cool guy, talked to us for over an hour and bought me a Vodka and Red Bull and gave my ex his bace ball hat and a kiss (She loves Cena)

Met Jimmy Hart and DDP in Orlando (TNA Hard Justcice 2005 PPV)

Met the ROH guys at an after pary in Liverpool (All great guys, Mark and Jay Briscoe are great guys and know how to drink!! McGuinness was also great, talk to me for most of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

He also had his photo taken in a bathroom with Orlando Jordan
    Make your own jokes there folks ;)

VR!

He also had his photo taken in a bathroom with Orlando Jordan
    Make your own jokes there folks ;)

VR!

You had to tell them!! :mad:

You had to ask for his pic in the freakin' bathroom of the damn bar!
    I won't ask how much further it went!

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

fairly tame list, but the highlight was most certainly meeting Stacey Kiebler on Grafton Street before the Tour Of Defiance show a few years ago. Very nice, and man, even dressen down she was smoking hot. Not as tall as i expected either. She was wearing runners.

I have also met Nigel McGuinness, Colt Cabana, Alison Danger, Sara Del Ray and best of all - Delirious. When I say met, I mean had my hoto taken with them in Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Off the top of my head:

Austin,Cena,Torrie,Big Show,Mark Jindrak,Teddy Long,Paul London,Nick Patrick and Rey Rey at the Summer Bash

Kurt Angle and Trish Stratus at a HMV signing

HHH,Bob Holly,Ric Flair,Shawn Michaels,Lilian Garcia,Carlito,Mickie James,Kenny Dykstra,Trevor Murdoch,Edge and Cena in Manchester Airport at a RAW taping last year,spoke to the Miz for a bit on the flight over the day before. HOO-RAH! :D

You had to ask for his pic in the freakin' bathroom of the damn bar!
    I won't ask how much further it went!

VR!

Just a pic and thats it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Just last week down in Belfast met triple H, Santino, Kennedy, Cody Rhodes, Lance Cade and a few of the divas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just a pic and thats it! :D

I think thats what George Michael said all those years ago too!

gimmick wrote: »
    I think thats what George Michael said all those years ago too!

See what you started validreasoning!, are you happy now!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

See what you started validreasoning!, are you happy now!! ;)

Woody is NOT a racist :p,ah priceless,HAD to get that in there!

jeffk wrote: »
    Woody is NOT a racist :p,ah priceless,HAD to get that in there!

It's true, I'm not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Kurt Angle (twice) John Cena (four times), Austin, Big Show, Kane, Paul London, Funaki, Billy Kidman, Mark Jindrak, HeidenReich, Matt Morgan, Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat(twice), Finlay (twice), Trish Stratus, Victoria(twice), Torria Wilson (twice), Lilian Garcia, Teddy Long, Justin Roberts, Brian Hebner (Ref), Gregory Helms, Mr. Kennedy, William Regal, The Undertaker, JBL, Jeff Hardy, Lance Cade, Santino Marella, Carlito, Melina, Johnny Nitro, Kenny, Mickie James, Candice Michelle, Eugene, Cryme Tyme, Val Venis, Chuck Palumbo and The Great Khali.

Funny times:
    -Seeing Mickie and Kenny heading off down the road both wearing Heelys
    -Seeing HeidenReich in the lift and doing the hand thing when I saw him...and then seeing him doing it as the lift doors closed after he saw me lol
    -Helms trying to do the face that he was doing in the pic my bro gave him to sign
    -Melina thinking she had already signed a pic (it was a calender that had a printed sig), and her trying not to show her teeth while taking a pic cos she was eating chocolate, lol.

where did wwe stay in town last time they were here in june??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Is the topic not stories of people you've met, not a big long show off list

Shame on you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

probably the coolest time I met a wrestler was in the lobby at smackdown in Belfast and I was playin the new Smackdown vs Raw game.. I'd picked RVD and just kicked some youngsters ass and was walkin off to met the lads in our seats when who appears but RVD. he was just standin in the middle of an open area and wearin his wrestling attire. I think I was one of the first to walk up to him. in no time there was a ton of people crowded round and he was chattin away and whatnot. next thing he points to this cameraman on the stairs above us who was gona film a spot for tv. so he says we're all gona do the RVD taunt to the camera. and says "hey guys, who's the best wrestler in the WWE?" then puts one arm round me while doin the taunt with the other. They did a few takes of it and it made it onto smackdown the next week.

I met a loada wreslters that week too. I think Rico is probably the soundest of all of the wreslters I've met. he was signing a magazine I had and was tellin me a funny story of the guy who he was giving a makeover in that issue. lol. He was one of the most "over" guys on the card that night. I was sorta annoyed when he was let go. nice guy.

Also I'm glad to say I met Eddie Guerrero outside the Odyssey before the show. about 5 or 6 people were around the back when the wreslters were comin in. He stopped and chatted for a while, there was a barred fence separating us from him but he was signing away. It was weird cos he didnt have the mexican accent he has doin promos. A funny thing was when he was posing for a photo from behind the fence with a kid, he said " y'know.. this isn't the first time I've had my picture taken behind bars"

I was out the back of hmv once when there was a signing and couldnt get a pass. so I was walkin away round a side street when cena pulls up in a car and hops out. then he goes round to the boot and opens it up revealing the WWE title. it was pretty odd as it was the only thing in there, like ona them gangster films where there's just a tiny briefcase or somethin. then all these little cena kids come runnin up and suddenly there's a mass of people followin him down the street. then along came a film crew so I started a JBL chant and he made some funny comment about it. that was on tv too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

Also I'm glad to say I met Eddie Guerrero outside the Odyssey before the show. about 5 or 6 people were around the back when the wreslters were comin in. He stopped and chatted for a while, there was a barred fence separating us from him but he was signing away. It was weird cos he didnt have the mexican accent he has doin promos. A funny thing was when he was posing for a photo from behind the fence with a kid, he said " y'know.. this isn't the first time I've had my picture taken behind bars"

Cool story, but he the mexican accent is put on. He can speak perfect english. His shoot interview is really really good. Even then he had no problem admitting that he f*cked up badly. I think it was recorded about six months before his 2002 comeback. But even in WCW i don't think he used that mexican accent.

VR!

Advertisement