Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[B]hamster might be sick[/B]

Options
  • 25-10-2007 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

hi,
    i have near enough to a 2 year old hamster (syrian)recently though i think he might be gettin sick. his sleeping patterns are changing, and with the water bottle, normally he'll go 3 days with the water but now its only lasting him 3 - 5 hours. this has been happenin since the weekend?any one know if he could be sick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

He could have a bladder or kidney infection, in which case he'll need antibiotics from the vet. It could be due to his old age either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

yea i thought that too.. guess he'll be taken to the vet soon,is the vet expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I don't remember it being too expensive but I haven't had hamsters for a few years. My little guy was old as well, he was about 2 or so. The vet gave me antibiotics to put in his water.

It's not nice at all when little things like hamsters get sick, they're so tiny :(

Advertisement