Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

invalid jar file download help

• 25-10-2007 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

tryin to download msn messenger from my3 and keep gettin the invalid jar file just as it starts to download on my n95. Any ideas please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You Could Try Ringing Three Customer Care But Your Phone Is Not A Three Phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you're calling them, tell them you have an e65. also, go into my 3 and set the e65 as your handset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

if you're calling them, tell them you have an e65. also, go into my 3 and set the e65 as your handset

Ye i had my3 set to e65, also tried n95 and n80. Dont like ringing cc just gets a bit head wrecking.
    Could i just bluetooth it from a friends phone or would i get the same error when it tries to install? I will take any ideas.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Your account is screwed up. Call 3 ask them to "re-provision" your broadband bundle (or x-series).. don't listen to any of their crap and ask to speak directly with the floor manager. (Try asking for Jimmy). Ask him/or her to do same and call you back once they have done that. You will then (genuinely) have to switch off your phone and remove batt to stop sim transmitting to network. Switch it back on and you should be in business.
    If you are on payg this may be a little different. I would recommend any future posters on 3 to outline if they are pay as you go or bill. There is a gulf there with 3...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

davton wrote: »
    Ye i had my3 set to e65, also tried n95 and n80. Dont like ringing cc just gets a bit head wrecking.
    Could i just bluetooth it from a friends phone or would i get the same error when it tries to install? I will take any ideas.....
    Downloading the same file via wifi or bluetooth will work fine, it just gets messed up when downloaded via the 3 network due to how they have you account setup wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

I have spent 2 weeks pestering them and I can now download applications such as yahoo go, opera mini and google maps. It just came back online this morning. I think that they are trying to save bandwidth through a policy of restriction unless otherwise pestered. That way only the ones who ask get, not everyone.

cheers, i will try some of them and let you know which works.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

N95 from 3 is on the way. Product Code 0556115.

Previously when I tried to d/l windows live on a n95, it would say not available for n95. now i do get a link (http://mobile.3ireland.ie/pc/Live/pcreator/live/100001/msn/msnroi) to download and gives details Name: MSN Messenger Version 4.02(48) Supplier Followap Application size 384 kb etc etc
    Then I get the message Downloading...

Then invalid jar file

Same if I set phone as E65

robinph wrote: »
    Downloading the same file via wifi or bluetooth will work fine, it just gets messed up when downloaded via the 3 network due to how they have you account setup wrong.

Can transfer it, unable to "send protected objects"

and setting a different phone in My3 doesnt make a difference, used the same sim card in n95, n80 and only one it downloads in is the 6680. I had it set to E65 for all three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Have you got this issue sorted, and if so what's the work around?

• Advertisement

nazoil wrote: »

no i havent! driving me nuts,, when i asked CC they told me the list of nokias it works on, was only about 4.

not sure what to do now?

nazoil wrote: »

I did get in installed from using the n73 file from boards, but its never that simple. Now when i try to login in using 3 or wlan its says:

'Cannot connect to service, this may due to incorrect settings or roaming restrictions.'

anyone get this? how do i get passed it?

Advertisement