Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any casual games going

Options
  • 25-10-2007 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Just moved up to dublin and interested in picking up a casual game if theres any going.
    Played through school and one year of national league with longford but since then (some 3 years) i've just played the odd casual game, so i'm quite out of practice.

Looked into the dublin league but i have zero idea of the quality of players or even if i can still play at a competitive level.

So if anyones got a regular game going with a spot free, let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Hi, i'm not sure if you have found a game. But I would also be very interested in joining in on a game. I have just recentely moved into the Dundrum area.

So any action going would be greatly appreciated.

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Still haven't come across a game yet. Been quite busy with work, hopefully something will turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

I hear you boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

Hey guys,

We have a very chilled game that we play on wed eve's at 7 in sherif street.
    interested?

Definetly, i'm a long time out of practice but really need to get back into it. Drop me a pm or mail to peter.madigan@gmail.com.
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

Dalas wrote: »
    Hey guys,

We have a very chilled game that we play on wed eve's at 7 in sherif street.
    interested?

I'd love to play as well, I live 10 minutes north from Sheriff street.
    Can you PM/email me if relevant?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

hi folks, havent played for a while, but would love to get involved, is this still going on??

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

You're gonna find practice games hard to come by, it's the last stretch of the season (last 2 months) for most people now. There'll be a lot more run-arounds closer to and over the summer when the season is over.

Best chance you have is organising something yourselves. If it's a case that I'm not training / playing that day, I'll pop in as well.

Oh and Pete, dunno what you're like anymore but I'd say you'd easily make some Dublin Division 1 teams with a bit of practice. The top of the Dublin division 1 is stronger than National League division 1. I'm playing in both this year :/

I haven't played properly in a while phil but i just need to get fit again. Hence the pick up games. Missed the start of the season here but i'll look into it come next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

By any chance is there many pick-up games knocking round the West Dublin/Lucan/Tallaght/Clondalkin area during off-season? Haven't played in years but I was posing a bit in the mirror earlier and I reckon I still gots my old form! :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

There's normally some knocking around in either Tallaght in the Arena over the summer or in the Oblates in Inchicore.

Advertisement