Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV reception

Options
  • 25-10-2007 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Recenty bought an LCD and have Sky installed, but I think the reception could be better. Just wondering has anyone any ideas as to how to inprove recpetion or is it just bad in my area. (I live in Corbally)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I am going to make a wild guess here. Are you using an a/v cable as the input ?
    If so the picture quality wont be perfect. CRT's it will be but LCD's it wont be.
    If your using a Scart Lead to pump the signal to the TV the Picturer Quality should be OK.

I also bought my first LCD TV recently. My Sky Box is downstairs
    at my main TV this is connected via scart. For The LCD in the bedroom
    I have to run a normal co-ax/AV cable from the Sky box output through the wall and up to the bedroom where it connects into the LCD's AV/Ariel input.

At first I was shocked that the picture quality was not great (but perfectly watchable)
    someone mentioned that the LCD's need a stronger cleaner signal. I notice this when
    plugging in my input into my PC's TV card too. I cant fine tune the reception to be perfect.

Booting the signal with a booster box may help or may make it worse as it will also
    amplify any noise.

Im not an expert so I am only making an un-educated guess.
    If your Not using a direct sky box to tv scart connection then try connecting it direct
    to see if it improves things.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mac - check your signal strength/quality on the System menu of your sky box. Your dish may need to be realigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A LCD or Plasma television will always show up poor quality tv signals more than a CRT television would.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for the replies. One of my collegues had a similar issue and he bought a better scart lead, he said the difference was unreal. Might have a go at this and see how it goes.

I'll keep ye updated.

Thanks again.

Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mac 3 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for the replies. One of my collegues had a similar issue and he bought a better scart lead, he said the difference was unreal. Might have a go at this and see how it goes.

I'll keep ye updated.

Thanks again.

Mac

The scart leads with the gold plated pins are quite good but can be pricy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement