Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lefty Discrimination

• 25-10-2007 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

This is an issue that has bothered me since I have started ere in U.L...wtf is the story with the writing desks in all the lecture halls favouring only the right handed scholars of the college!!!? Being a 'citoeg' or 'lefty' I'm forced 2 twist at an unmerciful angle 2 scribble down my notes! Surely there could be a compromise reached...ie a certain portion of seats in each theatre being designated lefthand fold down tables!! Down with this right handed bias!! Leftys unite for the cause!:D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I could be wrong but I think there are left handed ones...definetly there are in the jean monnet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Simple solution: Start writing right handed...the proper way :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Well, you could ask the equality officer to designate an area of each room and hall with roughly 10% of the seats for lefties, and have a big banner "LEFTY AREA. TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED", possibly with flashing lights and an automated gun turret that shoot on sight any right-handed wannabe lefties. Only problem is, the right-handed cleaning staff mightn't be able to clean the area and extra left-handed cleaning staff would need to be hired to do the job.

But seriously, what lecture halls are you in? There certainly are plenty of lefty seats/desks, and I always hate accidentally sitting at one and having to move. Goddamn lefties!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Solution. Bring your own Left-handed foldable chair with you everywhere. ;)

Seriously though, there are alot of rooms with left-handed chairs (I know as Im Right-handed and had to use them on occasion). You must just have drawn the short straw this time around, room wise. Like was said you could contact the equality offices and see if they can put a few lefty chairs in the rooms that your in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

There are a load of them in every room in the schumann.... they have big yellow stickers, with a massive L....it even says left handed writing tablet...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Donkey-07

The concert hall? The Jean Monnet? FG042?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Christ, I thought this was gonna be a politicial thread :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote: »
    Christ, I thought this was gonna be a politicial thread :p

It is...Fidel Castro is a leftie, in both senses of the word. I think its fair to say, based on this fact, that all left handed people are dirty communists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smilyhat

Well, you could ask the equality officer to designate an area of each room and hall with roughly 10% of the seats for lefties, and have a big banner "LEFTY AREA. TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED", possibly with flashing lights and an automated gun turret that shoot on sight any right-handed wannabe lefties. Only problem is, the right-handed cleaning staff mightn't be able to clean the area and extra left-handed cleaning staff would need to be hired to do the job.
    YEAH!! lets do this thing! lefties forever!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

As everyone said there is load of lefty seats I know cause I always accidently end up sitting at them. God thats annoying:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah it's not a problem in the small rooms, but as others said in the big halls like FG042 and Jean Monet there's no lefty chairs at all! I found out the desks in CSG01 could kinda turn the other way, but they tended to make cracky breaky noises :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smilyhat

I found out the desks in CSG01 could kinda turn the other way, but they tended to make cracky breaky noises :)

yeah my friend says they're supposed to bend that way but im not fully convinced. . . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Actually, I think one fell off when I did that once!

Advertisement