Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy Dress Shops

Options
  • 25-10-2007 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Are there any costume shops in Cork? I can't think of any! I know there's a gothicy shop in the Paul St shopping centre but I've never seen an actual costume shop. A friend of mine was talking about one she saw when on a bus but I'm pretty sure she's talking about those dodgy looking 'adult' shops near the bus station!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Also the 'mad' shops on north main street. apparently theres somewhere on maccurtain street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Upstairs in Hallmark, Winthrop st.
    Balloon Surprise on McCurtain St.
    (near the Colliseum)

The best one is in Blackpool though; Monicas.
    Got some quality costumes in there for rag week over the years.

How far away are these from Main Street? I'm heading to Cork very early tomorrow, and need costumes anyway, and don't know Cork too well. Chhers!

Actually ok, due to the powers of google maps, I know exactly where they are. Very handy places actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Thanks for the replies. I completely forgot about Hallmark! I'm not sure where Balloon Surprise is - I rarely go to that part of town. I'll take a walk over there see if I can find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Try Argos, think theres some fancy dress stuff in the catalogue

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

pull out yer needle and thread and hit hickeys. their simplicity patterns are half price till tomoz too i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Mushy wrote: »
    How far away are these from Main Street? I'm heading to Cork very early tomorrow, and need costumes anyway, and don't know Cork too well. Chhers!

Actually ok, due to the powers of google maps, I know exactly where they are. Very handy places actually

Main Street?!?! We're not freaking Galway, in Cork they are all main streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement