Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Music

Options
  • 25-10-2007 12:34pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this is the right area for this, If not mods please move. Anyway Ive just got broadband for the first time and Im wondering what is the best/cheapest site for downloading music (other than i tunes) that wont fill my laptop with spyware sh!te. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

Try 7digital, for Irish bands try downloadmusic.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

PM me for an invite to emusic.com OP, that way we both get 25 free downloads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

See Bearshare is 100% legal now?....dunno how that works though.... They paid the music industy a settlement of 30 Million.
    (http://www.dvd-recordable.org/Article2666.phtml)

Anyways you can download Bearshare free and download music free?. I dont get it myself, but they have a big "legal P2P" stamp on their site now too. Im presuming that the 30 Mill settlement gave them the right to distibute certain music free of charge or at some stage in the near future they will be charging for downloads...

Its all above board and legal so you could give it a try.
    (www.bearshare.com)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

http://www.seeqpod.com/

I've no idea about the legalities of this site so sorry if I'm not meant to post. Basically it's a search engine that has loads of links to songs. Just type in the name of an artist/song and it will give you links to it and will play it through the site. Pretty cool as it's not blocked here in work.

Advertisement