Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

REQ : Online Digital Camera shop

• 25-10-2007 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Does anyone know of an online digital camera shop with reasonable prices who ship to Ireland.
    Amazon dont ship cameras to Ireland and pixmania want you to send them passports and bills etc. I couldnt be bothered. I just want to order my stuff and be done with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

try komplett.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

What about, http://www.dabs.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

Komplett have a very small range though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Passports and bills? Are you sure? I've never had a request like this from pixmania. Tales of indifferent customer service abound (do a search on boards) but I've never had a problem with them.
    Have you looked at 7dayshop? They've recently doubled their shipping charge to Ireland which hasn't made them too popular around here, although £8 still isn't bad if you're ordering a more expensive item like a camera. Their camera range is a bit limited though.
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/ do cameras, and there might be other similar German shops out there. Some of them require a direct funds transfer as payment which probably wouldn't suit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Tekmo.co.uk

free postage too..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

try www.camireland.com . They ship quickly and do COD ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I used imagejoker in germany last time. Nice prices and fast delivery.

http://www.imagejoker.de

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'd have to recommend avoiding 7dayshop based on their recent increases
    in postage and their blatant shilling here as of late. Not to mention their
    'bad attitude' when questioned.

I had to send a copy of a bill to Pixmania - it's common enough if
    you're shipping to an address different to your card billing address
    or if you're ordering from a country where they can't validate an
    Irish credit card as easily as a domestic one. Don't let the copy of
    a bill issue put you off Pixmania - just be wary that their customer
    service is poxy if anything goes wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

I would also go for Pixmania. They only want a copy of a bill (no passport). They're the best for cameras IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

what do they want bills/passports for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

Used these guys a while back
    ttp://www.technikdirekt.de

Pretty good!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sharkman wrote: »
    try www.camireland.com . They ship quickly and do COD ..

I'd agree. Very good to deal with.

Pixmania on the other hand were a disaster. I cancelled a shipmeent before it ever left their warehouse and I had to wait FIVE MONTHS to be credited. They still had the cheek to deduct the shipping as well. never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

killer007 wrote: »
    Used these guys a while back
    ttp://www.technikdirekt.de

Pretty good!

+1

Bought several items from them,no problems

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Check out www.elara.ie. They allow you to collect goods from their warehouse to save you paying for delivery.

http://www.jessops.com are supposed to be a good place to find bargains cameras... less competitive on the accessory side though, going by what I've heard.

Also, this seems to be a good site for finding the cheapest place to buy your cameras - providing you with discount codes but also includes stores that don't deliver to Ireland: [Link]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭JMcL

+1

Bought several items from them,no problems

+1 from me too.

Regarding photocopies of bills/passport/credit card, this is very common for higher price items. They usually only look for it on a first order

Thanks guys,
    will try some of those.
    i just dont have the time to be arseing around photocopying stuff.
    Plus i ordered express and got the mail 2 days later when i was actually expecting the camera to arrive.
    peed me of big time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MrVostro wrote: »

An even bigger problem with Amazon to Ireland...:D

Surprised to see them that much out. Dabs.ie is usually worth a look. Whenever I'm buying anything these days I always check 6-7 sites.

whiterebel wrote: »
    An even bigger problem with Amazon to Ireland...:D

Surprised to see them that much out. Dabs.ie is usually worth a look. Whenever I'm buying anything these days I always check 6-7 sites.

I'd nearly just go get the copies of statements and just send them to pixmania. Better still. Think i'll go on a holiday to the US :)

Advertisement