Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BB Ripwave - What kind of wireless router do I need for multiple PCs?

Options
  • 25-10-2007 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi, maybe this is a stupid question, but if I'm getting Irish BB's Ripwave package and need to provide internet access to 3 laptops, what kind of router do I need?

I presume that any ol wireless router with an Ethernet-In port will do?
    Like this? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=321925

Any advice would be great!

Edit: I realise that most routers won't accommodate more than two wireless connections at once, but two at any given time is fine...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes. right idea. ethernet WAN port. Some companies erroneously sell them as Cable Routers as traditionally in UK you either have ADSL (where often modem is built in to router) or cable, which just is a modem with separate ethernet only router.

We regularly have up to 6 laptops on our WiFi (though we use a separate router now).

Make sure you have ethernet Ripwave and not USB model. Esp. if it breaks and they send a replacement!
    It just goes slower.

Ripwave varies. You MAY have ripwave good enough for 3 users, or it may be poor on one user.

Advertisement