Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder a couple of days a week- how to find one?

Options
  • 25-10-2007 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

HI,

My wife currently works in a creche part time and she is able to bring our baby 11mths in with her which is great. She has applied for a job somewhere else where the money would be much better but the problem is it would be 2 full days one week and 3 full days the following week.
    There is a big waiting list for the creche there so our baby probally would not get in plus we would need someone who could drive to pick up our older daughter 6 from school. This is in south west dublin. My Mother might be able to look after the kids one day a week but cannot commit to a day.
    Does anyone know where would be the best bet to find a childminder generally who also drove as i would not know where to start?
    This is all hypothetical given that she has not been offered the job but just thinking ahead in case she did get offered.

All advice welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Why don't you place an ad in your local paper or newsagent? That's how I got my childminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Contact Childminding Ireland www.childminding.ie and also the PreSchool Officer at your local HSE for a list of notified childminders.

Also check out your local City or County Childcare Committee as they also have lists of childminders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭smirkingmaurice

We first asked a local lady to mind the chisler, turned out we would have been better off dropping him off at a dog kennel, she was useless an made off with a good bottle of scotch i bought in Majorca. My advise, try the papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

We had a similar problem...we once employed a childminder from down the country and the little 'uns couldn't understand a word she was saying - it wasn't that her accent was that horrendous,twas just she was liberally raiding my wives drinks cabinet - turns out she did her out of a priced bottle of 25 year old 'Glencairn'..let me tell you,it left a sour taste

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

We found an ad in the local superquinn... and have been very very lucky to find a wonderful lady with a lovely family to mind the little lad. We really couldn't be happier.
    Whatever you do be sure to follow up on references & set out the rules from day one. Of course you can be unlucky but try to minimise the risk

hope this helps & good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Nimina

Try Rollercoaster.ie - there are always childminders advertising there.

best of luck
    N

Advertisement