Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deleting my user account - how?

Options
  • 25-10-2007 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

how can i delete my user account? don't want to be a member any longer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There is no way to delete your account as deleting all posts and threads by you would lead to many confusing gaps on boards. The best way to stop your membership is to change your password to something you won't remember and then log out. And delete all of boards' emails regarding signup info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

hmm... there is no way to deactivate my account "talkingclock" without (automatic?) deleting the posts?

it's not for safety reasons (password change/email address change) - i just don't want to contribute here anymore do to the unbelievable attitude of a certain "admin/mod".

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you do not want to contribute here then simply do not post or click on boards.ie!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

i just don't want to contribute here anymore do to the unbelievable attitude of a certain "admin/mod".

We do not delete accounts.
    If you are not happy with this site then just don't log on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

yes i know. but it's more a psychological thing, to know that the username doesn't exist anymore :)
    however... I'll log out, delete the bookmarks, clean the cookies and give the mod in question a two-finger-salute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Perhaps it might be more worthwhile just sticking that particular person on ignore. Then you don't have to read anything they say :)

Advertisement