Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New doors just keep on swelling

Options
  • 25-10-2007 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

The pine doors in my house are up about 7 months now but they just keep on swelling and so they stick, they jam and they creak.

Now I've sanded the doors down numerous times and that has solved the problems for a while but the doors just seem to swell up again and so the cycle begins again.

We've been living in the house since May and so I don't think its a case of the house stilll being damp. Now I haven't gotten around to varnishing the doors yet so would this work, i.e. the varnish would act as a seal and keep the moisture out or would I be wasting my time varnishing doors that would end up being sanded again to make them close?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sounds like the doors needs sealing alright, naked pine is very absorbant.

Mike.

Advertisement