Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto Cad

• 25-10-2007 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

Anyone know of way to download Auto Cad 2006 or some other way besides buying the programme for a couple of hundread euro....

I'm deperately seeking Auto Cad so I can get some work done at the weekends

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

As far as I am aware there are only free viewers available, if that is any good you can register on http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?id=9131297&siteID=123112 for a free DWF viewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Anyone know of way to download Auto Cad 2006 or some other way besides buying the programme for a couple of hundread euro....

I'm deperately seeking Auto Cad so I can get some work done at the weekends

Cheers

It will cost a hell of a lot more than a couple of hundred euro to buy it, online or otherwise. Even the lite versions are way too expensive.
    There are other programmes, which are similar, but very basic, which you can download for free but I found them so difficult because they are so different from AutoCAD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

It will cost a hell of a lot more than a couple of hundred euro to buy it, online or otherwise. Even the lite versions are way too expensive.

I heard the student version is about €200

I know the full on version is about 5000

There has to be something else out there worth getting though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Torrents, duh.

Thats how I got Macromedia Flash Professional 8: otherwise it would have cost me ... well OK a whopping $30... but its the principle of the thing dammit!

Seriously just google whatever you want with torrent in the search field also. I found the download you want: but for obvious reasons I cant link to it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

if you want i have a spare copy of ACAD 2007 if you want it?

• Advertisement

If your a full time student you can get AutoCad / Architectural Desktop with a two year licence for about €135 from any Autodesk reseller. If your not a student they charge a couple of grand for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

If your a full time student you can get AutoCad / Architectural Desktop with a two year licence for about €135 from any Autodesk reseller. If your not a student they charge a couple of grand for it.

Wow, that's such a huge leap in price it seems really unfair!

thats why im going to be a student my whole life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats why ima torrent the rest of my life :)

well that too, but at least if i go to the cinema etc. i get a discount woo!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 surfmaster

Wow, that's such a huge leap in price it seems really unfair!

There are FREE Autodesk downloads for full time students of Revit Architecture Suite (inc AutoCAD 2008), Autodesk Inventor and Civil 3D 2008 at www.students.autodesk.com

you do know student editions arent full versions they have certain things turned off and its only a year licence that has to be renewed year by year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 surfmaster

lynch_3001 wrote: »
    you do know student editions arent full versions they have certain things turned off and its only a year licence that has to be renewed year by year

Quote from the students website below - I have used both the EDU & Commercial versions and they are the same......

"The Autodesk Student Version software incorporates all the functionality of our professional licenses, but includes a print banner making the software inappropriate for professional, commercial, or for-profit purposes. Autodesk Student Version software may not be used in the classroom or lab for instructional purposes, or for commercial or for-profit purposes. Annual licenses of Autodesk student software are not eligible for product upgrade or transfer to a commercial license."

"After you have downloaded the software, you will need to activate it with Autodesk using your unique serial number. If you do not activate your software, it will time-out after 30 days. Once activated, you will have a 14-month license to use the software"

well the print banner_ now your lecturers now KNOW your a cheap ass

I used the student version of AutoCAD 2006 and it was exactly the same as the full version, all of the same features etc.

well he got the cd now we're all happy

I am.... Very happy :D:):D

Cheers again dude for all that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

No we're not all happy. Mine wont work properly:(

pd101, whats wrong now.....

It keeps shutting down on me. I have got a few ideas from the Windows forum so I'll try them today.

• Advertisement

I love that "now" part as in you're always the one with the problem!!! :D:):D

You thinking of getting XP instead???

xp that mobo up!

So, does anyone know where I can get XP Pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

This thread is wandering way to close to warez. Lynch has helped people sort out a student copy of Autocad, thus the thread has completed its lifecycle :)

If you want more details, pm him.

Otherwise thread closed because warez = bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement