Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceramic hob - broken glass

Options
  • 25-10-2007 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've been unlucky enough to break the glass on my ceramic hob which is only two years old - don't know how it happened. I've made enquiries and the cost of replacing the glass will be €350 plus €70 fitting! It cost €550 so it is a bit cheaper than a replacement hob .

I've checked my contents insurance policy and it is covered bar €120 excess. My rationale was that if I could get one for less than the excess it would be worth it and I wouldn't have to make an insurance claim so I had a look on Ebay but they are all in excess of €120. Therefore, it seems like I will have to make a claim.

I have never made an insurance claim before - are there any pitfalls in doing so such as increased renewal premium etc? The insurer is Eagle Star.

Has anyone any better ideas?

Comments

Advertisement