Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy an X Box

• 25-10-2007 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I've been a PS1 and PS2 guy all my gaming years. I'm looking to invest in an XBox.
    Now bare in mind, i dont want to play online and the only thing i need it for is for basic gaming, just plug anmd play, i have no need for any fancy gadgets, just want a simple good gaming experience.
    My question is where would be the best place to buy one and what should i be looking out for.
    Preferaably i would like to buy a used one first to see how I get on with it.
    I have tried the adverts board but nothing takes my fancy

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Theres a new arcade model going on sale tomorrow, no harddrive, just for basic gaming, I suppose if you wanted the Hardrive after you could buy it, you get a wireless joypad, some olskool arcade games, think it cost bout 280.00 and im sure they do a deal with a game aswell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

Fieldog wrote: »
    Theres a new arcade model going on sale tomorrow, no harddrive, just for basic gaming, I suppose if you wanted the Hardrive after you could buy it, you get a wireless joypad, some olskool arcade games, think it cost bout 280.00 and im sure they do a deal with a game aswell....

sorry if this sounds a bit thick, but what does the hard drive do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Don't you think the Wii would be better of Offline gaming?

A lot of the 360 games feature online as their selling point. Sure a lot of them have decent single players but none of them are as good as Bioshock which is a proper single player game.

I think you should go with a console that focuses more on that if that's what your going to be using it for.

Just an alternative, a cheaper alternative at that.

Hard Drive is for saves, demos and updates for the console.

brim4brim wrote: »
    Don't you think the Wii would be better of Offline gaming?

A lot of the 360 games feature online as their selling point. Sure a lot of them have decent single players but none of them are as good as Bioshock which is a proper single player game.

I think you should go with a console that focuses more on that if that's what your going to be using it for.

Just an alternative, a cheaper alternative at that.

Hard Drive is for saves, demos and updates for the console.

so you cant save a game without a hard drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

I have an x-box (not 360) for sale if ya are interested. Got about 5 games with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

so you cant save a game without a hard drive?

You can save to a memory stick either but you might fill it up. I think the hard drive is a good buy for it.

Memory stick is handy if you are going to a friends house or something I guess.

Its about 40 Euro I think for a memory stick or 100 Euro or so for the hard drive with about 64MB storage on memory stick versus 20GB or 20,000MB on the Hard Drive.

Demo's are usually about a gigabyte or so on 360 for full games so you should keep these things in mind. You can probably get cheaper prices than the above too at this stage.

kim_eire wrote: »
    I have an x-box (not 360) for sale if ya are interested. Got about 5 games with it.

aye, how much
    is it in good working order
    whats the difference between xbox and xbox 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

aye, how much
    is it in good working order
    whats the difference between xbox and xbox 360

Basically the same as the difference between a PS2 and a PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You won't want an Xbox, if you want to play any new games you want a 360, the original Xbox won't play Xbox 360 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

i guess all advice is pointless if the OP won't do a quick google to differentiate the difference between an xbox & xbox360.

• Advertisement

zabbo wrote: »
    i guess all advice is pointless if the OP won't do a quick google to differentiate the difference between an xbox & xbox360.
    i just asked a simple question
    its better to hear stuff from people who use it on a day to day basis than googling it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Haha funny name!

emot-tip-wink.gif

Advertisement