Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

30 Rock

• 25-10-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

anyone heard about "30 Rock"? It's a brilliant sitcom from NBC Channel, Emmy winner for the best comedy show of the year.
    Staring Alec Baldwin.
    It can be seen throughout Europe now.
    Does anyone know if it's broadcasted in Ireland or will be in nearest future?

Comments

Ahem, well I think it was broadcast here on tv3 during the earlier half of 2007. Only got a chance to see one episode of it though. The head writer, Tina Fey, is a genius.

Guess I will have to wait for the DVDs and for SNL to be broadcast on RTE. HERE'S HOPING!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

SNL is long long past its prime :)
    30 Rock is great though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

30 rock is a great show, the first few episodes of season 1 didnt have us hooked but then we stopped watching, it built up and then we watched 5 one after the other about episode 10 season 1 and wow been hooked ever since what a show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

I watched the first maybe 6 or 7 episodes of it when TV3 were showing it on thursday nights, but then it mysteriously vanished from their line-up. Anyone know what happened to it? I liked what I saw though. Alec Baldwin stole every scene he was in :D Him just saying her name "Lemon" made me laugh, so maybe I'm easily amused :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ar3d

the show was an award winning sitcom, a type of situation comedy. So, for sure you will love this and laugh on this TV series...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭jawlie

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: No linking to copyrighted material please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

alec balwin is absolutely brilliant in it. Good support cast as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I watched the first maybe 6 or 7 episodes of it when TV3 were showing it on thursday nights, but then it mysteriously vanished from their line-up. Anyone know what happened to it?

I had assumed they dropped/suspended it because of RWC coverage, but that now gone and ther's no sign of it resuming.

It is a good show and Alec Baldwin is, from what I've seen, great in it.

Maybe the TV3 scheduler was trained by RTE :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The two main characters are good but I am not fully convinced by the rest of the headcases. I find it hit and miss and a bit too clever sometimes , ala SNL - knowing comments thrown to the camera. But fans of SNL will love it and when it hits it is very very funny.

The plans for season 2 are to take it more slowly and add some more character development. Watched part 1 of Season 2 and found it so-so and haven't been back to it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm on the back-foot with these. I have two more eps of Season 1 left. I didn't like the first few episodes but have been enjoying it since. The last two episodes I saw were ones without the Jenna character and I think they were the best. Don't think that's a coincidence.

I'll be interested to see what way they go in Season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Hmm well its out in less than a month ive been dying for another episode for ages damm strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Season 2 is better than Season 1.... looking forward to new episodes!
    Next episode is on Thursday fortnight (10th April) on NBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Without a doubt my fave comedy series of the moment dying for new episodes. I totally agree season 2 is better than 1. Tina Fey = genius and whoever decided to cast alec baldwin deserves an award he's a perfect fit for Jack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Baldwin as Jack is definetely a masterstroke, a brilliant character, loved his battle of wits with kenneth. I didn't think I'd like tracy jordan at first but I now think he's one of the best characters. Jenna is not a favourite but she makes a good butt for a lot of the jokes.

Season 2 appears to have more guest characters than season 1 so there may be a trend arising. Great show.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just finished Series 1 last night in my house.

Have Series 2 ready for the off now.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

I got the box set last week and am going to plough though it now (since TV3 never bothered to finish showing it). I just got past what I think was its funniest episode so far, called "The Head and the Hair". It was simply too funny for words :D Class show.

Advertisement