Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking prices from the web and placing the bet in shop?

Options
  • 25-10-2007 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭

This is how I usually carry out my bets, check the price online then walk on up to the shop. Yesterday I did this with an accy for Liverpool, Chelsea, Marseille, and Real to win. I placed the bet in Willy Hills after taking their price from their site. I had their coupon in front of me which was probably printed up on Monday so had a feeling that there could have been a few price changes. Anyway, on the coupon Liverpool were 4/7, Chelsea 8/15, Marseille 5/4, and Real 2/9. While on their site, Liverpool were 4/6, Chelsea 8/15, Marseille 6/4, and Real 1/4. So of course I was going to take the price from the site (albeit just an extra €13 for €10 but you know yourselves). So off I go to put it on. I've always noticed with Hills that they make sure your prices are correct. So the lad behind the counter checks his monitor which showed my prices to be wrong. I tried to explain to him that I got my correct prices on the site, which he replied that they have to take their in-shop prices, fair enough so.

I'm just wondering if any other bookmaker is like this as I have never had this problem before and always thought that the prices were the same online and in shop??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

i used to go to WH in galway and found them to be the biggest shower of p***ks going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

I usually do my bets with paddy power and arent usaully that strict about there prices if its only a small bet i.e 10 or 20 euros

For example the other night arsenal were 1/5 on the screen with correct score and first scorer details but on the screen with all the match bettings they were 2/9 i know its not much difference but they still had no prblem paying me out at 2/9:):)

Advertisement