Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tattoo on Saturday.

Options
  • 25-10-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

I'm getting my first tattoo on Saturday in The Razors Edge in Naas by a guy called Ian(I think). Anybody hear good or bad or whatever from this place?
    His previous work looked pretty good. I'm calling in tomorrow to see if he has the artwork done. He is doing a drawing based on artwork I brought into him.

I'm pretty nervous to tell the truth but hey, you only live once ;)

If someone has experience with Ian and said yeah it will be fine then I guess I'd feel a lot better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BoB the 7th

Quattroste wrote: »
    I'm getting my first tattoo on Saturday in The Razors Edge in Naas by a guy called Ian(I think). Anybody hear good or bad or whatever from this place?
    His previous work looked pretty good. I'm calling in tomorrow to see if he has the artwork done. He is doing a drawing based on artwork I brought into him.

If someone has experience with Ian and said yeah it will be fine then I guess I'd feel a lot better.
    I only know of 1 Ian he worked in The Mint with Johnny Eagle Jnr. years ago. I wonder if its the same guy. He did a Bio mech Fish for my Pisces tat. Really fine work. He prolly be in his late 40's. It was a long time ago. But still looks the dog's. GL and remember after Sat u will no longer be a Virgin...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

He's not in his 40's. I'd say early 30's. Did you post your tattoo? I'm a fish too and a bio-mech pisces would look cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

Quattroste wrote: »

I borderline shat myself going in for my first session! lol
    But seriously it'll never be as bad as you think it'll be. And it's always good to expect the worst i think! :D

OK Done! :D and I am very happy with it. One question though! I have been using the recommended cream(by Steve in Razors Edge). I have been applying it 3-4 times a day and have not scratched or picked or anything. It seems like the top layer of skin is pealing off. Is this normal? I would guess yes but just to be sure.

Sure does make you feel different doesn't it ;)

Will post a pic in the Show your Tattoo thread when I get a chance and the peeling stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah that's perfectly normal, the skin will be coloured too, and you'll notice it coming off on your hand when you're cleaning it too.

Where (on your body) did you get it done?

• Advertisement

I got it done on the top of my left arm/shoulder. Actually today it is really pealing. Should be done by tomorrow at this pace. Looks great underneath as well. Well pleased.

What are you using on it cream wise/how often are you putting it on?

Was told to use Preperation H :eek: I thought he was taking the mick but no. This is the what he recommends and every 4 hours which I have been doing. To be honest I'd say it's fine. I just smell funny :D

Preparation H is good, I find Bepanthen (nappy rash cream) to be fantastic, plus it has no smell!

They're both creams for soothing inflamed skin and aiding skin healing, so they're both good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I vote for bephanthen too no smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Bepanthen +1

Yeah their leaflet recommended Bephanthen but he said that it tended to be sticky so the Prep H was as good.

I've not found bepanthen to be sticky at all... ?

Advertisement