Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TomTom Go 720 map issues

• 25-10-2007 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I have a brand new go 720 with european maps. v 705.1480. The map is showing me going off several roads near my home. I have an old Tom Tom One V2 that broke and have tried the map (european maps. v 652.1185) on the 720 and travelling the same road the icon stays perfectly on the road.

If I try using the browse map for N52.79497 and W8.81463 on both maps I see a difference. One is a junction on the R469 and Kilnacrandy on the 652.xxx version and on the 705.xxx map its in the middle of the field some way from the junction. These co-ordinates are on the same point of the road on my friends tom tom one v2.
    Also there is an issue with the displayed information.
    In v652.xxx version there is more information like townlands and areas and the bottom of the display states road and town land and for the same location on the v 705.xxx map the detail at the bottom of the screen is the road only with no townland and there are lots of un-named roads in the same area.

Can someone review the co-ordinates for Ireland N52.79497 and W8.81463 and see if the map shows the same junction or is in the middle of open area or if there is little townland information or lots of roads marked un-named and reply to this post.

Has anyone else problems with the tomtom go 720 and new 705.xxx maps with incorrect roads or amount of roads that are unnamed.

I would continue using the 652.xxx map but its out of date with new roads.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Try Navteq v6.75.1322 .

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Thanks sharkman.

Would I have to buy the Navteq v6.75.1322 maps for my brand new 2 week old 720 or would they be available as an alternate download from Tom Tom.

Is the 6.75.xxxx map as current as the tele atlas map.

Are tomtom aware that the maps are so inacurate in the west of Ireland.

Did you manage to test the co-ordinates ? If yes what result did you get.

D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

This is what I get for your co-ords on 1322 ..
    dumpig0.png

PM me for more info on maps .

Advertisement