Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone V Meteor

• 25-10-2007 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Looking for some help here. I've got a K750i at present. Happy enough but the joystick is driving me nuts. Its now about 2 years old so I want to change. My phone of choice is W810i. Im happy enough with SE and it has no joystick!!! So I'm currently with Vodafone but they don't do the W810i, except in the UK. I can get it sim free from Expansys. Or go with Meteor and get it free (contacts).

So....

Staying with Vodafone means getting simfree at 200 Euro or get the thing free and move to Meteor. I know some folks will see this as a no brainer but I'm happy with Vodafone and don't want to get into a mess of poor providers.

Advice is gratefully recieved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

meteor have posed no trouble to me what so ever.
    customer service always seemed very helpful and dead on.
    i'm a pre payed customer btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Meteor free texts and call a friend for free, are a life saver, service is good and cheap - havent had a problem since I ported from my 087 last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

been with them 2 years moved from O2 - no issues at all except for their range of handsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Staying with Vodafone means getting simfree at 200 Euro or get the thing free and move to Meteor. I know some folks will see this as a no brainer but I'm happy with Vodafone and don't want to get into a mess of poor providers.

I ported from Vodafone to Meteor 2 years ago. I have never had any problems with them. Meteor do not fall into the category of "poor providers" anymore. Maybe initially when they launched but that is no longer the case. They are definately up there with O2 and Vodafone.

Perhaps the only negative point about Meteor would be the choice of handsets or lack of.

However, I find them better for upgrades than Vodafone. Vodafone are so tight when it comes to upgrades. With Meteor you generally get an upgrade every year...I do not think it depends on how much you spend per month. I usually stay within my monthly allocation of free minutes/texts and Meteor still offer me an upgrade each year since joining them. But again...the selection of handsets!! I cannot comment on O2 as I have never been with them, supposedly they are good for coverage, service, selection of handsets, upgrades etc.

BTW I have the SE W810i currently, got it as an upgrade at the start of August last. Great little phone, very happy with it. Would definately recommend it.

--laoisfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

That's it meteor are fine.. just the lack of choice in handsets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

laoisfan wrote: »

I ported from Vodafone to Meteor 2 years ago. I have never had any problems with them. Meteor do not fall into the category of "poor providers" anymore. Maybe initially when they launched but that is no longer the case. They are definately up there with O2 and Vodafone.

Perhaps the only negative point about Meteor would be the choice of handsets or lack of.

However, I find them better for upgrades than Vodafone. Vodafone are so tight when it comes to upgrades. With Meteor you generally get an upgrade every year...I do not think it depends on how much you spend per month. I usually stay within my monthly allocation of free minutes/texts and Meteor still offer me an upgrade each year since joining them. But again...the selection of handsets!! I cannot comment on O2 as I have never been with them, supposedly they are good for coverage, service, selection of handsets, upgrades etc.

BTW I have the SE W810i currently, got it as an upgrade at the start of August last. Great little phone, very happy with it. Would definately recommend it.

--laoisfan
    Yeah I was quite annoyed to find out that Meteor don't provide S60 phones anymore - because of viruses via bluetooth aparentely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gingemiester

Thanks. Kinda thought Meteor would be the way to go. Funnily enough I reckon Vodafones choice of handsets are pretty crap just now.

Cheers

Advertisement