Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee to Castlegregory

Options
  • 25-10-2007 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to do this at 10 O'Clock on a Friday night?

I'm arriving on the train from Heuston. My lift was for the earlier train which I won't be able to make.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

At 10pm, unless you have a lift you are going to be stuck getting a taxi :( sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

ballooba wrote: »
    What's the best way to do this at 10 O'Clock on a Friday night?

I'm arriving on the train from Heuston. My lift was for the earlier train which I won't be able to make.

Sorry to here about your situation. Taxi will probably cost around 30 euro. If you start walking out the Dingle road someone will eventually give you a drive if you stick out the auld thumb!
    I think you should become very chattie on the train and hopefully in up in the company of a West Kerry person who might be kind enough to give you a spin.
    Let me know how it works out;)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

Yea, try chatting to some people on the train, there are bound to be a few going to Dingle. Taxi is costly. I wouldn't recommend hitching as it's a good walk from train station to the Dingle road and also you could end up on a lonely stretch of road in the dark, not a great place to be around Hallowe'en!!
    Just kidding - but if you are thinking of hitching make sure you have a high viz to put on, to be safe! Best of luck, I live in dingle, if I hear of anyone coming home on late train I'll let you know. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Managed to make the early train and my lift. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement