Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD ripping

Options
  • 25-10-2007 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey, I've a dvd of a relatives wedding and want to make copies of it.
    Anybody know of any free programs out there that will rip the video_ts folder from the dvd on to my comp???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

A wedding DVD is not likely to have any copy protection. You should be able to just copy all the files from the DVD to your PC (although it will be up to 4.7Gb). Free media players such as VideoLAN can play the DVD from the files on your PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Is there free software that will rip DVD's to wmv format (so I can play through an xbox media centre)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

http://handbrake.m0k.org/?article=download

i use this on mac. its great, you can choose loads of different formats to copy the DVD to.

DVDshrink on windows copies the video_ts folder to your computer.

or MacTheRipper on mac to copy the Video_ts folder.

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

big_moe wrote: »
    MacTheRipper
    Lol. That has to be the best name for a piece of software ever! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

dvdfab hd decrypter will do it as well as copy protected dvds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

the program you need is dvdshrink,you can get this at www.dvdshrink.org

it will copy the dvd and if you have nero it will automatically burn it for you,it will also copy dvd's with copy protection on them,which your probably doesnt have

Advertisement