Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan McCann has bum bitten!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Sully wrote: »
    Surely people can discuss what he does without making comments about his sex life, his wife, what type of person he is (offensive name) or making comments that would be considered slander.

I wouldnt agree with the chap as much as anybody else here, but I dont want a topic filled with slanderous / offensive comments.

Just use common sense. The last thread there was a discussion about his sex life, and how he might object to certain things with his wife etc etc.

So far, we are having a conversation about him abusing work facilites. We can discuss this without being offensive towards him (calling him X, Y or Z) or saying things about him which simply are not true. Im trying to avoid getting the admins stepping in again, and also trying to avoid him making legal threats against boards.

I agree fully. We all need to be adult about this. Having read the thread I am inclined to complain his activities, in my capacity as a concerned citizen, to WIT.

Can anyone confirm conclusively that he has objected in some form to a University for Waterford?:eek::rolleyes: If so, the rage I'm felling at the minute cannot be described. This should be a sacking offence. It is the maddest thing I have heard in years.:mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id like to hear his reasons for why he doesnt think WIT should get it..

I like the idea of WIT getting a UNI, but its kinda scarey how bad the college actually is about a lot of things! I often wonder if its bad when an IT, imagine what it would be like if it was a Uni?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

First off, if McCann is going to apply the letter of the law in a way that gives massive inconvenience to Dick, then I don't see why Dick is any more petty by applying the letter of the law to McCann.

One thing is for sure, McCann is not the one who has lost €100,000. I'd say he got off fairly lightly in comparison.

Someone mentioned that everyone uses their work phone for personal purposes, and I wouldn't dispute that, but I can say that anywhere I've ever worked that if you abused that privilege you were taken to task for it. The fact that McCann has been publicly chastised for it means that he must have made A LOT of private calls from his work phone. It's a question of scale: similarly nobody is going to argue with you for taking one refil pad from the stationary cupboard, but try taking 30 refil pads and a box of pens, etc., and your activities will soon be flagged, and action will likely be taken.

Ultimately, McCann was knocked off his high horse, so Dick has done us all a public service. As for the suggestion that Dick is looking for attention; I'd have to ask, is Dick, a guy trying to open a shop and off-license, the one trying to get the attention, or is it McCann the politician? I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I must ask why people think what Dick did was petty? Couldn't we argue that what Brendan McCann has been doing over a number of years is petty? Ultimately, in relation to using a work phone for personal use, he was wrong and Dick was more than entitled to blow the whistle especially given that WIT pay Brendan McCann to lecture, not to use his work contact number for personal gain (like he has been using the Planning laws to his own advantage).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Traumadoc wrote: »
    So Dick called McCann and then complained that he took the call!

The Waterford news puts it on its front page and calls it an exclusive!

What a stupid parochial little town.

Read the thread before making an ass of yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement