Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo and battery

Options
  • 25-10-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

The battery on my car recently died but since I jumped it the stereo won't work. The lights come on but its as if its frozen. Can't get cd out or do anything with it.

Any suggestions? it was only fitted a few months ago. Is it a problem with the stereo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Security code? Most modern stereos need a code if they are disconnected from the battery (to discourage theft) If your battery went completely flat you may need to input the security code (assuming you have it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is the stereo from Aldi/Lidl by any chance?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

if the radio doesn't have a security code, remove it, take the plugs out and leave it for 5 min to reset, meanwhile check all fuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Got it in Argus.

Its not looking for a security code, just frozen. I'll try disconnecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just bring it back. Argos are very easy to deal with once you have a receipt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement