Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sudden connection problems after years of service!

Options
  • 25-10-2007 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

having a lot of connection issues lately.

im connected right into the master socket, with only a phone attached to the other side of the microfilter.

its constantly disconnecting.

done everything i can from my end. now its up to eircom.

anyone think these stats are bad?

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 3072 kbps 384 kbps
    Line Attenuation 62 db 15.5 db
    Noise Margin 7 db 9 db

im in clonmel in co.tipperary.

never really had problems with eircom and for the last few years never once had a connection problem!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The stats say its a 1mbit line with 62 attenuation and feck all margin

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 3072 kbps 384 kbps
    Line Attenuation 62 db 15.5 db
    Noise Margin 7 db 9 db

could be the filter is gone wonky, try another filter and modem and disconnect the phone too and see what happens . disconnect filters and all phones / sky boxes and plug the modem straight into the socket to exclude the filters and other gear .

I would then either ring in a fault ( crackle or echo or both ) or downgrade to 1mbit and learn to love eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Are you getting bad pings while playing games ? if you play games.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Those db margins ain't good, somethings changed on that line either inside your house or outside,

Advertisement